Has anyone tried WIPE NEW product yet? Looking for honest review...

-

DA69RT GT

South Florida Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried WIPE NEW yet? Looking for honest review of this stuff. Looks like an interesting product but everything Ive read said its only like 3oz of product (they double the size?) and they ad on charges for "Detail Kit" whether you want it or not.
My wifes plastic lower panels on her Lexus look tired and everything I use lasts a couple days to a week depending on weather.

Also- any suggestions for the blackrubber trim around windows? Ive tried Back to Black but not doing the job.

Any input appreciated. Dont trust these tv ads- and $35 seems steep. I usually wait 6mo and you can buy these tv ad items at Walmart or local drugstore

https://www.wipenew.com/

Attachments

• wipe-new-deal.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,173
I saw this also but my gut says, sucker in a bottle .... If it does work though, I want some LOL !!

Yeah... I almost bit until I googled some reviews and saw where their "Double Size" Offer was on 1.5oz bottle giving you an amazing 3 oz bottle of product! lol

Also read where you have no option on the addtl accessories... its automatically added to your order.

Ill wait another few months and have my wife pick me up a bottle at the local Walmart.

I use some stuff made by Armor All, for Upholstery and trim. My dad bought a case of it in the 90's and it's some pretty decent stuff. I'll find a bottle of it tomorrow and see what the specific name is on it.

As an example, here's what it did to the interior of my Dakota. I quickly cleaned the truck out, we're talking pedal to the metal style cleaning because there was a chance I'd get "lucky" if I got my butt moving right away :D And no woman likes to see grungy interior.

So you can imagine what it'd look like had I actually spent some time on the interior. It took about 4 months before that "speedy spruce-up" with the armor all (and some help from a cardboard box and a vacuum cleaner) began to dull enough that I noticed it. (Pay close attention to the steering wheel in particular)

Before :

SANY0360.jpg

SANY0362.jpg

After :

SANY0363.jpg

SANY0365.jpg

I havent tried it yet. I use a lot of there stuff though and just become a retailer for them.

for the plastic body panels i used the ICE car wax by turtle that stuff work pretty good and last for a little bit

I use some stuff made by Armor All, for Upholstery and trim. My dad bought a case of it in the 90's and it's some pretty decent stuff. I'll find a bottle of it tomorrow and see what the specific name is on it.

As an example, here's what it did to the interior of my Dakota. I quickly cleaned the truck out, we're talking pedal to the metal style cleaning because there was a chance I'd get "lucky" if I got my butt moving right away :D And no woman likes to see grungy interior.

So you can imagine what it'd look like had I actually spent some time on the interior. It took about 4 months before that "speedy spruce-up" with the armor all (and some help from a cardboard box and a vacuum cleaner) began to dull enough that I noticed it. (Pay close attention to the steering wheel in particular)

Before :

SANY0360.jpg

SANY0362.jpg

After :

SANY0363.jpg

SANY0365.jpg

Dayum before cleaning the steerin wheel was black!

Armour All just doesnt last... and doesnt do anything for exterior trim.

Saw Danny the Count pitching this stuff... may give it a shot. $21 shipped and the "double" the size from 4oz to 8oz. Almost laughable...
but willing to try anything on the trim of my wifes Lexus SUV. Espec the rubber window seals. Have tried the black paste that looks better but hopin to find something better.

https://www.getdetaildoctor.com/?MID=3045704

Attachments

• Detail-Doctor-Form-Product.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 722
We have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with the gray plastic lower body panels. They've faded from a metallic gray color to almost white and it looks like crap. I've tried baby oil (lasts until it rains) Armor All (will soak right in before you're even finished applying it) automatic trans fluid (lasts a short while or until it rains, but it smells bad) motor oil (same results as the ATF but no smell) and lastly, white lithium grease! The grease lasted about the longest (maybe a week) but if it rains i will wash off, and it stinks like mad.
My plan was to wait until spring, buy some clearcoat with a flex agent and spray the panels ending the problem (I tried a small spot down low with clear spray paint and it worked really well) but then I saw those TV ads for this new miracle product.
I'd like to try it, but there's a LOT of panels on the Jeep and I don't even think that 6oz bottle will be enough. I'd hate to spend that much money and it doesn't work.
I'll be watching this thread for updates.

George

We have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with the gray plastic lower body panels. They've faded from a metallic gray color to almost white and it looks like crap. I've tried baby oil (lasts until it rains) Armor All (will soak right in before you're even finished applying it) automatic trans fluid (lasts a short while or until it rains, but it smells bad) motor oil (same results as the ATF but no smell) and lastly, white lithium grease! The grease lasted about the longest (maybe a week) but if it rains i will wash off, and it stinks like mad.
My plan was to wait until spring, buy some clearcoat with a flex agent and spray the panels ending the problem (I tried a small spot down low with clear spray paint and it worked really well) but then I saw those TV ads for this new miracle product.
I'd like to try it, but there's a LOT of panels on the Jeep and I don't even think that 6oz bottle will be enough. I'd hate to spend that much money and it doesn't work.
I'll be watching this thread for updates.

George
Cheby 2500 with the goofy plastic wheel flares, I will be watching as well.....

Yes, I used it about 5 weeks ago on my 2005 avalanche. The bed covers and the plastic sail panels on the first generation Avys are especially prone to fading and "zebra striping". I got the "double size" 3 oz. bottle and the application kit. My avalanche doesn't have the body cladding on the sides that a lot of them have. It has the dark grey fender flares instead. It still has a lot of plastic to cover. When they say that a little goes a long way, they weren't lying. I did my whole truck with a half bottle. It is extremely important that you do not let the the treated areas get wet in the first 24 hours after you apply it, or it will leave spotting that cannot be removed. So far, I am extremely pleased with the results. It still looks like a fresh coat of Armorall without the cloudy residue down the sides of the body. Just remember just like painting a car, your results depend on the prep. It sure beats the $300 Gatorback treatment that I was considering. I give it two thumbs up!

That's good to hear, oldwirebender. I do have one question, though. I guess that you have to follow the directions to a "T".
Those little yellow "clothes" are not going to cover up much! :wack: I'm not even a big guy (well, maybe in some places...) but where did you decide to wear them to get the best results? Do the directions say or show how they should be worn?

Now, how many folks are going to scroll back to the top to see what the hell I am talking about???
C

That's good to hear, oldwirebender. I do have one question, though. I guess that you have to follow the directions to a "T".
Those little yellow "clothes" are not going to cover up much! :wack: I'm not even a big guy (well, maybe in some places...) but where did you decide to wear them to get the best results? Do the directions say or show how they should be worn?

Now, how many folks are going to scroll back to the top to see what the hell I am talking about???
C
I guess it depends if you are Left or right handed how you wear them. They fit me ok even though I am a big guy ( all in the wrong places!)

Thanks oldwirebender... appreciate the feedback.

Gonna make this a stocking stuffer to myself- just ordered it!
AND... they offer addtl 8oz bottle @ discount ($5 off). So I just got suckered into 2 bottles (shipping all but kills the discount). lol

Stay tuned

Thanks oldwirebender... appreciate the feedback.

Gonna make this a stocking stuffer to myself- just ordered it!
AND... they offer addtl 8oz bottle @ discount ($5 off). So I just got suckered into 2 bottles (shipping all but kills the discount). lol

Stay tuned
Please post the results with pictures!!! :D
What was the total cost including shipping? Just curious.

George

I've had good luck on plastic using a squirt or two of silicone spray on a soft cloth then wiping it over the plastic area. it seems to work good on my plastic top to my rear bumper of my F250 and also on the plastic on the outside mirrors.

Ordered 12/11... actually states [FONT=Arial Helvetica,sans-serif]"Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery" on email verification.

I called the company on Friday and they said product is back-ordered and will not ship until Feb 5!
WTH? I asked why would you sell a product that you dont have in stock? Whats with the "Limited time offer" BS? I think the guy I spoke to has been gettin hammered by others as well cause he was short on conversation but fast to offer Corporate Address for complaint...

So bottom line is I have to wait 2 MONTHS to receive the product. Was thinkin about cancelling order- but really want to see if this stuff works and if it doesnt do what they say... you can bet your *** I will be acting on the
[/FONT][FONT=Arial Helvetica,sans-serif]30- Day Money Back Guarantee!!!
Hey Danny the Count Koker... nice endorsement choice
[/FONT]

Attachments

• Detail-Doctor-Form-Product.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 516
  • danny count.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,046
Just got it in the mail yesterday... 2 MONTHs from the day I ordered.
Gonna wash my wifes SUV tomorrow and see if it works.
To be continued....

-
Back