has anyone used products from Blueprint Engines?

-

WildCat

Reaction score
I'm thinking crate motor instead of reinstalling my 340 in my Dart. Has anyone heard anything about BLUEPRINT ENGINES?

I seen an ad in Mopar Muscle and they have a 408 Stroker for $3,599.99 Claim 375 HP and 460 Torque. They have a 30 month 50,000 mile warranty for street engines. Is this too good to be true?

I'm in the process of installing one right now and we shall see good and bad. So far
PRO'S, as mentioned the warranty, a 408, almost a drop in and go, comes with dist,wires,plugs,coil,fuel pump and line,carb,6 qt oil pan,RPM intake.

CON'S, The bypass hose setup is kind of poedunk- magnum intake bypass is straight out and water pump is like old stuff. The setup with the airgap is tall and there might be hood clearance issues. Finding a magnum t-stat housing that is like pre magnum. Hoping that my 340 hipo exh manifolds will work.

picture064el6.jpg

I was going to ask about your manifolds. How do the ports match up ?

A buddy of mine just bought one for his 67 but unfortunately he probably won't be getting it running for a few months yet so I can't comment on how it runs. It sure looks like a good deal. If I had the money I'd go that route too.

Also just to note the LA exh. ports and Mag exh ports are nearly identical on the outside. The magnum port has a raised roof but comes back down before it exits. I had a set of Magnums and 340x's a couple yrs. ago that I compared my gaskets too and they were nearly identical.

Cravinscuda I have an RPM Air Gap on my Cuda and a 2" drop base air cleaner and it clears. I run a torque strap on the dr. side so the engine stays down cause if it came up much the air cleaner would hit the hood. And good luck with those copper gaskets. I tried 2 different brands and neither would seal up. Put a set of Fel-pro's on it and sealed right up.

I have air gap on the 340 and had to get a different air filter that is shorter to clear. The cheap 14" chrome that I used when assembling the car had a drop base and it worked OK. The MOPAR is 12" and don't know if you can get a drop base for one that small. I just went and got a filter that was 2" tall so it would clear. I installed the hood insulation and one trip had to remove it since it was rubbing on the top of the air filter.

I had a single 4 barrel oval air cleaner from a 383 ram air car that I was planning on using but no way would it clear my stock hood

I used copper header gaskets on my hooker headers and could not get them to seal. Went to NAPA and bought a set of their header gaskets and they never leaked

The by pass on my 340 air gap intake is the same as in the picture.

It is sounding better all the time.

Thanks

low112.jpg

I havent started it yet, working on that as much as possible. I had the Mopar perf air cleaner and returned that-you could see it was almost too high. I bought the Moroso low-profile air cleaner and it hits the electric choke. I'll either do a little creative clearancing on the base or remove the choke. I matched the exh gaskets up and they looked like they would work but i'll find out when it runs. Fishy-what Felpros did you use, for the Magnum heads or 340-360 heads.

Any updates on your Blueprint Engine install? I'm thinking about getting the one with fuel injection but not sure if it's worth the extra cost. Summit Racing lists them for about 9K.

Hi Guys, Just To Let You Know Blueprint Engines Just Raised Their Prices Last Week, I Called And Asked Why? The Rep Stated The Economy Was Bad And They Were Trying To Make Up On Lost Sales??? And Their Parts Prices Went Up So They Had To Charge The Customer Accordingly. That Conversation Went South Quickly. Two Mopar Owners Down My Way Went With The Base 408 Stroker Cast Head Version From Blueprint And Felt It Did Not Have Any More Power Then Their Mild 360s Did. That Had Me Calling Hughes Engines For One Of Their Race Preped 408 Strokers. They Were More Than I Wanted To Spend, But Just Look At The Company With All Their Mopar Experiance You Really Cant Go Wrong. I Spoke To Dave A Great Guy Who Sets You Up With What You Want To Do With Your Car And Do It Right The First Time. The Guy Out At Blueprint Just Wanted A Credit Card Number. He Also Had No Idea What A Demon Was!!!!! Just My Two Cents.

Hi Guys, Just To Let You Know Blueprint Engines Just Raised Their Prices Last Week, I Called And Asked Why? The Rep Stated The Economy Was Bad And They Were Trying To Make Up On Lost Sales??? And Their Parts Prices Went Up So They Had To Charge The Customer Accordingly. That Conversation Went South Quickly. Two Mopar Owners Down My Way Went With The Base 408 Stroker Cast Head Version From Blueprint And Felt It Did Not Have Any More Power Then Their Mild 360s Did. That Had Me Calling Hughes Engines For One Of Their Race Preped 408 Strokers. They Were More Than I Wanted To Spend, But Just Look At The Company With All Their Mopar Experiance You Really Cant Go Wrong. I Spoke To Dave A Great Guy Who Sets You Up With What You Want To Do With Your Car And Do It Right The First Time. The Guy Out At Blueprint Just Wanted A Credit Card Number. He Also Had No Idea What A Demon Was!!!!! Just My Two Cents.

Hughes engines are'nt all they're crack up to be either..they're was someone on here last week with dyno numbers from a 426 stroker they built ,621 h.p. is'nt much to talk about when it cost close to $20k...

I'm in the process of installing one right now and we shall see good and bad. So far
PRO'S, as mentioned the warranty, a 408, almost a drop in and go, comes with dist,wires,plugs,coil,fuel pump and line,carb,6 qt oil pan,RPM intake.

CON'S, The bypass hose setup is kind of poedunk- magnum intake bypass is straight out and water pump is like old stuff. The setup with the airgap is tall and there might be hood clearance issues. Finding a magnum t-stat housing that is like pre magnum. Hoping that my 340 hipo exh manifolds will work.

picture064el6.jpg

Do you have a copy of the warranty that you could share? That is the one thing that concerns me ... the fine print.

-
Back