Hate my mufflers (Pypes Street Pro). What about FM 50 series

-

cudaracer

Reaction score
Anyone install any 50 series Flow Masters on a small block mopar? Are they too quiet and too close to stock?

I am looking for something deep and mellow of course, without the drone like I get with pypes. Something louder than stock is what I seek.

Thanks.

I know there is a thread somewhere on here about making balance Tubes that eliminate or reduce resonance. I have summit turbos, xpipe and full length 2.5" exhaust and have drone. Not as bad as the 3" super 44 on my truck, but there.

Are you running a complete exhaust? full tails? if not, there is not much you can do to aviod the drone. Flowmaster are deadly on drone without tails. I have a full Dynomax exhaust which was also good zero drone until recently I cut the last 3ft off the tails so it would dump just after it passes the axle. (never was a fan of the tails tips out back) so I cut them back far enough to not see them. Drone like crazy at idle now. My next idea is to fab up pipe to have it exit out the rear wheel well just behind the tire which should get ride of the drone.

thanks all.

buick,

i looked up the VT's and every single customer complained that the valve rattle was obnoxious. Don't think I want that, but interesting.

I put borla xs pros on mine, newly running but I like it. google "muffler comparison mustang magazine" they did a article about back pressure and drone with multiple mufflers... Good info I thought.

Joe

thanks all.

buick,

i looked up the VT's and every single customer complained that the valve rattle was obnoxious. Don't think I want that, but interesting.

Mine don't rattle. A few times I heard them close when I shut off the engine but it stopped doing it. Since the drone is gone I'll probably put the magnaflows back on some day. Right now it's lower on the list.

I purchased a pair of aluminized (hate the look of stainless after one season) Thrush Welded for only $64. They seem to copy flow master 40 series 2 chamber design, sound very similar and are about 1/3 the price.

I think I did good. I will report back what I hear.
Thanks again all

-
Back