-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1966er

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I'm putting this up for sale here before going local or Ebay.

This is a 37xxx original mile, unmolested Swinger that has had just 1 recent respray, & new vinyl top installed.

The interior is all original, (except for new carpet) and is all numbers matching. There is a 1" split on the top of the drivers seat and a 1/2" crack on the left side of the dash pad.

This comes with 2 complete built sheets & original smog & owner manuals.

The following is what was done before painting. Replaced lower front left fender with metal patch, repaired the front right & left floor pans with metal. I didn't use repo pans, just metal pieces welded in place.

The back floors & trunk areas are good as is the frame rails and no work needs to be done.

There is still one rust hole that I located, and it is on the inside of the trunk lid as shown in the picture.

Other than that, I found no other rust through places.

The rest of the body panels are solid.

All the glass is good & even all the original rubber weather stripping is still pliable. Even the torsion bar boots are intact and soft.

I have replaced the heater box and heater core.

This still has the original belts, hoses etc. I even have the original spark plug wires & cap. I switch over to a Pertronix II ignition.

When I painted this, I only did the exterior as the jams were still in good shape. I also did not spray under the trunk lid. I wanted to keep as much of the original paint as possible.

The outside original paint had a few chips and dings and so that is why the respray. I used PPG base with clear coat. Hand color sanded and buffed. I have the paint code mix if needed.

About the original paint....According to the build sheets I found, it calls for code GY4 Gold, but was painted a Y2 Sun Fire Yellow.

I know for a fact that this is the original paint on the car.

Has 4 new 205/70-14 Hankook tires and freshly painted rallies. Original whitewall spare is still in the trunk, but has been used.

The previous PO installed gas tank & sender.

Brakes are like new and stop like they are power brakes, but are manual.

The auto trans shifts nice and the engine runs great and makes that slight ticking lifter sound that comes from the slanties.

Both bumpers have been replated by Tri-City Plating.

All electrical wiring is in tact and has never been cut on.

Everything works on this car & this has always been a non-smokers car. Cig. lighter & ash tray are new, never used.

I'm sure that there is other things I forgot to mention.

This is not a show piece but looks really nice & I've only driven this about 200 miles since buying it back in the late Spring this year.

Here's the reason I'm selling.

I want a V8 car and I just can't bring myself to changing the originality of this car. I'll leave that "guilt" to the next owner.

I am the 3rd owner of the car, and YES, it was a "little old lady's" originally.

I'm pricing this at a reasonable $7800........Follow the link for 100+ pictures of the cars progress until finished.

I have all receipts of what has been done. I haven't added the prices up, but it's up there. Frankly, I don't want to know......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69912981@N03/

I'm opening to trades other than bikes, boats, atvs, chickens, cows, etc......JUST CARS!!!

I am willing trade up or down for the right car, but NO high priced vehicles.

I would like to find a nice 72 on back "B" body 2dr car that is not a project, but a good driver.

Any car must have a V8 and not "Race Ready". I'm only looking for a modest performer. Auto or stick doesn't matter.

I live in Maryland off interstate 95 about 25 miles north of Baltimore or 75 miles south of Phila, Pa.

I would built what you want and just save the parts where you can put it back. The market is just bad and getting worse. Sweet ride good luck.

I second 67cudafb, yank the motor and tranny and build a killer smallblock, exact power and drivability you want. This car is sooooo clean, you won't get anything comparable in a trade and you'll be disappointed. You can always keep the original motor and trans and prob rearend and store them. This car would be a wicked sleeper. I would guess the value would go way up with the conversion. Everyone wants a v8 dart.

I second 67cudafb, yank the motor and tranny and build a killer smallblock, exact power and drivability you want. This car is sooooo clean, you won't get anything comparable in a trade and you'll be disappointed. You can always keep the original motor and trans and prob rearend and store them. This car would be a wicked sleeper. I would guess the value would go way up with the conversion. Everyone wants a v8 dart.

If it doesn't sell over the winter, I might reconsider doing a V8 conversion.

Although, I would also have to do the 8 3/4 rear swap as well.

I agree....this would make a nice sleeper....

I'll see what happens.....At least I'm not in any hurry to sell....

That's good your not in a hurry, you can wait and see and not take a lowball offer. Maybe rebuild a small block over the winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back