Have a 76 dart sedan possible to swap a parts on it?

-
Reaction score
I Have a 76 dart sedan possible to swap a 72 dart front clip and bumper and tail lights on it?, basically what i ask is can i make this into a 72 dart? i hear that any a-body from 67-76 is interchangeable like i could put a 67 barracuda front end if i wanted 2, is this true as well?(i ask this because a 76 dart is BUTT ugly)

That's exactly what mine is. A 76 Swinger that has 72 Fenders and bumper, and a 71 grill and 6 pack hood. The hardest part is the front bumper brackets. The 76 had the impact shocks behind the refrigerator bumper. The 72 bumper had a nice 4 x 12 flat bracket that almost lines up to the existing bolt thread taps. Drilled that out and welded in a sleeve to the frame for the 72 style bracket bolts. As far as the rear goes, you need to changed the rear quarter extentions and remove the lower trunk panel with whatever tool of destruction you choose. That will make way for the earlier bumper that has the lights built in. Haven't done that part yet but I had seen one on the Hoosier Tire site a while back that looked real good. They kept the 73+ front and changed only the rear to the 72 earlier look.

DSCF6463 small.JPG

DSCF6508 small.JPG

My 68 dart has a 73 K-frame and disc brakes, 69 8 3/4 axle, 73 318 engine. A lot of the parts are interchangeable.

Hey guys, how about the instrument cluster from a '71 Dart 2dr to a '71 Dart 4dr. I want something a little more sporty looking in my grocery-getter dash. Would I have to change the frame and all or will the cluster just bolt in? Sorry to kinda hijack the thread. Thanks in advance.

-
Back