Have a bent frame. Looking for knowledge on the subject.

-
20190330_145948.jpg
Center the bolt on the flat plate from side to side and make the flat plate about as wide as the frame. Make sure you get all 3 of the so called gauges the same. I hope your following me.

20190330_145948.jpg
Small chain not a heavy chain. With the car on jack stands attach all 3 gauges to the frame rail and stand in front of the car and eye ball down the gauges all 3 bolts should line up and all 3 flat plates should line up.
Well close anyway the factory was never 100%.
I hope you understand I am not good at explaining things but try anyway.

View attachment 1715311930 Small chain not a heavy chain. With the car on jack stands attach all 3 gauges to the frame rail and stand in front of the car and eye ball down the gauges all 3 bolts should line up and all 3 flat plates should line up.
Well close anyway the factory was never 100%.
I hope you understand I am not good at explaining things but try anyway.
I would like to add something to Freds excellent idea. You need to work from the center section of the car. The first two gauges should hang from virtually the rocker panels. Using the rear could give you a false reading if say the rear was damaged too. Ultimately you would have 4 or five of those gauges and reference off of the two gauges hanging from the rocker section. Lining up the pins on the center section and checking the rest from there. It takes a little eye coordination.

Hey Kemikal embalance I might have an idea for checking your frame. I been a body man all my life but haven't straightened a frame in years so still old school. This is rough but I hope you get the idea. Not good at drawing but if you make 3 of these and attach them to your frame and make sure there even lengths on both sides of the chain. Your frame has holes in the same place on both frame rails so attach one in the rear of the frame, one in the center and one in the front.
Have a gander at the pics below. tell me what you think.

Ok. UPDATE!!! Looks like she's not bad at all. Provided the two rednecks that never done this before measured properly. Any variance we got in the readings, we switched spots and checked each others work. and then double checked that. So these are NOT factory recommendations as where we measured from. But the spots we picked where undamaged and consistent on both sides. Car was leveled as best we can front to back and side to side. 6' level, bubble stayed between the lines.

Let me know what y'all think. Buddy says he'd drive it like it is and I think I want someone to double check our work.

IMG_7231.JPG

IMG_7232.JPG

IMG_7233.JPG

IMG_7234.JPG

IMG_7235.JPG

IMG_7236.JPG

I would like to add something to Freds excellent idea. You need to work from the center section of the car. The first two gauges should hang from virtually the rocker panels. Using the rear could give you a false reading if say the rear was damaged too. Ultimately you would have 4 or five of those gauges and reference off of the two gauges hanging from the rocker section. Lining up the pins on the center section and checking the rest from there. It takes a little eye coordination.
update. check it out

update. check it out
The main problem is if the frame is up or down on one side, your tape measure will not find that that's why I gave you an idea to try and hope you under stood it. The tape measure is a great idea but not going to tell you the whole story.

The main problem is if the frame is up or down on one side, your tape measure will not find that that's why I gave you an idea to try and hope you under stood it. The tape measure is a great idea but not going to tell you the whole story.
Im pretty sure I understood it. I read it early this morning and where not ready for that yet. Ill work on that this week. We planned on the measurements so we went with that. I still feel I'm missing information and am still pursuing more measurements before I start work on it. really appreciate it. thank you

Im pretty sure I understood it. I read it early this morning and where not ready for that yet. Ill work on that this week. We planned on the measurements so we went with that. I still feel I'm missing information and am still pursuing more measurements before I start work on it. really appreciate it. thank you
You'll do good I'm sure.

-
Back