Have collector car prices dropped significantly in the last couple of years???

-
Thanks for the info guys. I decided to add to my listing and see if it brings a better breed of buyer. I was surprised at the onslaught of scammers and bottom feeders and only 1 serious inquiry. The usual guy; makes an appointment and his truck breaks down on the way over... ok thats a classic. To the guy who has to reschedule due to a death in the family but I've received a plethora of; "will you take $5k" = complete communication or "trade for my 94 mustang, runs good".

I'm ok with selling it for less than I paid for it 4 years ago as I had a lot of fun with the car. I could always keep it but it most likely won't be used much in the next 3-4 years... priorities change

my list of questions on a car for sale, especially on CL, is: how man mopars do you or have you owned? how man of which yo have restored/rebuilt to some or an extent? you say it runs/dries? how many miles and how far have you actually been with it? just for starters.
I went to look at roller a real mopar guy had for sale, he also had a 340 duster project in the garage and and maybe a real 383 cuda roller. he bitches to my wife because I am looking it over... he quips " its only a $500 price tag"....... she replies, "he will look it over good whether it costs $50 or $5000"....... we left, screw it.

Some of the worst prospective buyers are the guys who sold their "one just like it" back in the 80's, and now want to start over. They're usually stuck in the 80's, where cars were way more plentiful and cost a lot less. I had a car for sale in the car coral at a show yesterday. I had a fender laying inside the car, that goes with the car if I sell it....because the car needs a fender. A guy started pestering me to buy the fender, and I tried a few times, politely, to tell him it wasn't for sale separately. He kept on, so I told him I would sell it to him. He got this look on his face like he wore me down, and asked how much? I told him $2200, and you get a free car to go with it. He finally got the hint and went away! I really hate selling anything nowadays!

All the reality shows on TV has turned everyone into a Wheeler Dealer.
The truth is the costs of restorations is rising significantly. Most folks have no Idea how much money it costs to restore a car properly. A lot of hacks out there. I've seen some overpriced junk come out of barret jackson.

-
Back