Have i got it right? 10s or 11s

-
Well its moved on a bit ,but i seem to be just making more problems.The new headers ,which are Hedmans fenderwells .Which were the only of the shelf headers i could find to work with A bod and Indy sr650 heads are stopping me from reinforcing the front shock tower ????any ideas .I know custom built headers are the way to go but i am just about spent out .Eventually the whole front end will be rebuilt and i know its not the ideal setup but i will dumb the motor down until it gets sorted .Until then i need a good clean SAFE fix .

phpEjrW0APM.jpg

roller cam would wake that combo up. more duration at high lift. missed the update post, good decision. why leave power laying on the table. non roller cams are obsolete.

The headers fit the motor and chassis, don't they? If so, then I'd find a way to reinforce the shock towers, with tubing up to the firewall and bring a bar from the cage to match it, from the oppsite side of the firewall. Shouldn't be too hard to do and would tie the front frame, to the body, solidly.

Well after 2 years and more money than i care to remeber its a done job

js4.jpg

js5.jpg

Last picture for now ,the next pics will be from the track. 950 hp holley to bed in the moter then change it up to a 1050.

js7.jpg

10's YES!
The .590 is a really good cam, I put one in a guy's 70 duster 440 11.2 eddy heads, 850 speed demon, m1 big tti's etc.....the car ran 11's w/3.55's so I heard.

Looking at the package, by the time is dialed in, that thing should be a solid nine, even with the mild cam. MTC's.

Well it runs ,checked the gears and we are good to go .If i have got it right you should see the the video of the first start up .Turn up the volume and enjoy......Water was an airlock.... www.ivorsroadrunner.com/vids/VIDEO WALTON003 mpg

-
Back