Have ya'll seen this...NEW from Classic Industries

-

Holy Roller

Reaction score
15283381961551476824567729394369.jpg

I have a dart. Never owned a barracuda so I don't know what piece of trim that is, but DAMN. That's a crazy price for some trim!

I have only seen two other sources for those, PG Classics and Laysons. I think Layson’s were also made with stainless steel, I wonder if it is the same supplier? Someone on FABO had the Layson’s and posted about it several years ago with pics. I recall they looked very nice but I believe some tweaking was required for a good fit. If I find that post I will come back with a link.

I saw the Laysons trim at Mopars at the strip years ago and thought it was expensive at 500 bucks or something... seems cheap now ! Nice pieces I thought.

Got the extra .99 on the price though so you don’t think you’re paying TOO much, cause $940 is where I would say forget it.

Some parts are priceless. Think 67 dart rocker molding. Almost none in existence. Most taken off and trashed in the day. No sorce for reproduction too few people would buy it. So if someone reproduced it for 1000 id feel lucky to buy it.

I can't remembr but aren't 68 the trim that top and bottom have almost identical profiles?
Lol yeah no hardware...wth
Yeah, it's good that there's another place to get them, you would think for almost 1000.00 they would include the mounting hardware.

They are a tiny bit different..... so I drive really fast so that nobody can tell...hehehe

I bought them from Laysons with the clips. They are nice and are very presentable, I wasn't happy with the profiles not matching the tail lights as perfect as I would want for the money . They are not forgiving, so don't expect them to pull in tight if your trunk edges are not perfect . I sold them to a member here (for a lot less) and got a restored set from Tony's. The top pic is Laysons the bottom pic is Tony's restored .

IMG_0258.JPG

893-01 - Copy.jpeg

I just bought a wiper motor from rock auto, I hope it's ok. I have to check my old one to make sure they're the same.

I wonder if one of the new ----- printers could make these out of plastic, seems do able, and could be done on a need to basis , cheaply .
I have never seen "but one " pic of the trims lining up w/ the tail light perfectly. It was on a race car I think, and the guy massaged the lower one by splitting it and re welding it back together, "if I remember right !"

As castings I would think the OE tail lights would be the more consistent part. Having reman trim copied off of ill fitting OE parts is akin to "proper overspray and orange peel"

I bought them from Laysons with the clips. They are nice and are very presentable, I wasn't happy with the profiles not matching the tail lights as perfect as I would want for the money . They are not forgiving, so don't expect them to pull in tight if your trunk edges are not perfect . I sold them to a member here (for a lot less) and got a restored set from Tony's. The top pic is Laysons the bottom pic is Tony's restored .

View attachment 1715184636

View attachment 1715184637
What's the prices of you don't mind me asking

I wonder if one of the new ----- printers could make these out of plastic, seems do able, and could be done on a need to basis , cheaply .
I have never seen "but one " pic of the trims lining up w/ the tail light perfectly. It was on a race car I think, and the guy massaged the lower one by splitting it and re welding it back together, "if I remember right !"
That would be something wouldn't it, make it out of 3D plastic, have it plated or painted and sell it cheap.

The stainless are shinier and match the tail light housing chrome better. I started with a perfect trunk lid so they fit tight to the flange. The stainless pieces are thick and not forgiving, so don't expect the clips to pull them in tight if there are gaps.

The stainless are shinier and match the tail light housing chrome better. I started with a perfect trunk lid so they fit tight to the flange. The stainless pieces are thick and not forgiving, so don't expect the clips to pull them in tight if there are gaps.
They have to be better than the ones I have that's for sure.

That would be something wouldn't it, make it out of 3D plastic, have it plated or painted and sell it cheap.
By the time you hire someone to design it, print test pieces, tweak the design, print more test pieces, finally production print it, polish it, and finally paint/plate it, it's going to be very expensive also. Parts coming out of a 3D printer normally have very bad surface finish and will require hours of sanding & polishing before they will look acceptable. Plus you need to find a plastic that is weatherproof. Not every printer can print those materials either. Plus this is a fairly large part. Not too many 3D printers can handle parts that big.

Last edited:
By the time you hire someone to design it, print test pieces, tweak the design, print more test pieces, finally production print it, polish it, and finally paint/plate it, it's going to be very expensive also. Parts coming out of a 3D printer normally have very bad surface finish and will require hours of sanding & polishing before they will look acceptable. Plus you need to find a plastic that is weatherproof. Not every printer can print those materials either.
True

By the time you hire someone to design it, print test pieces, tweak the design, print more test pieces, finally production print it, polish it, and finally paint/plate it, it's going to be very expensive also. Parts coming out of a 3D printer normally have very bad surface finish and will require hours of sanding & polishing before they will look acceptable. Plus you need to find a plastic that is weatherproof. Not every printer can print those materials either. Plus this is a fairly large part. Not too many 3D printers can handle parts that big.

That shows u how much I know about 3d printers. Seemed like a god idea tho. The 68 trunk trims are like hens teeth!

-
Back