Have you ever heard of a "Devorak Machine" Dodge Polara

-
Dan Dovorak,well known SS NHRA Max Wedge racer. Builds cutting edge Max Wedge engines & cars..He is in the deep South,last I knew.Is it real? Maybe....

Salesman puffery... Might be, could be...

Might even be a hemi without the holes in the valve covers too..

Dan built some good stuff over the years.

A true Max Wedge does not have 906 heads...

If he took the engine apart and found some clues that it was a Dvorak build, why didn't he document it for proof and have it verified by Dan??? It's just "I think it is..." He left many doors open and didn't follow through for proof... Suspicious...

Judging by the responses by the members on that site, they are not too impressed with the seller either.

Dan "Davork" car with two "ELDERbrock" carburetors... ugh. 906 heads didn't exist in 1974...? And you won't be winning many nostalgia races with a XE268H cam.

That site is for antique cars anyway, look at the rest of the threads everything is 1910's-1940's at the latest.

Looks like he is posting a clone max wedge car with engine built by this shop

Dvorak Machine - High Performance Engines

But looks like a clean 64 Polara 500 and hoping to build interest attaching this name to it.

A sticker under the hood, no real documentation as to who built the engine

Shop would not verify they built it.

So buyer beware on this nice looking Polara.

I would love to have a 64 Polara, but no way is it a $45,000 car to me.

Does not sound like a DVORAK built piece! But if it is, it is surely a good motor. He is a legend in central FL!

Call Dan and ask him. He is still kickin and a super nice dude.

Dan will give you all the information you need, "if he built the car". As stated, he is a super nice guy & a wealth of information.

-
Back