Have you noticing more car accidents lately

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
I sure have, nothing major, just the normal bang ups with minor to moderate damage. This one semi-freeway strip we got, 4 lanes and 55 mph with either coming off or going in to a 70 mph zone, I seen 3 accidents in like 5 times I was out there last week.

Now today by another freeway on a on ramp it had 3 cars pulled over with one car smack pretty good from behind-- maybe a tow away. 2 of those other 3 accidents I seen were tow aways

Unreal, its been dry as a bone here, just sunny and hot. Maybe folks need to take off the dark sunglasses or something.

Or stop talking on their cell phones and paying attention to their driving.

My grandpa had a saying "in the old days",

Wake up and die right....

It applies soo much to these cell phone people on the road today.

Man Its the cell phones . Or someing in the car . Thats what happened to me when the chick hit me . When i was driving the val .... She got out to say where did you come from ? ... News flash lady I was there . Yes im still bitter lol

I hear about wrecks and fender benders all the time on my police scanner.

I will never sell my motorcycle because of someone else's stupid.

Yeah but least driving a car if you get killed, least the other driver gets injured. Too many times the jerk drivers who kill a motorcyclist aren't injured one bit.

When traffic moved quicker and motorist watched out for crazy drivers, most everybody would yield their right of way IF they believe they would get serious injured or killed. The faster you drove, the quicker traffic would yield.

I'm not sure if cell phones are the main reason people drive so poorly, everything is so different today. Doesn't help one bit these restricted licenses for younger drivers. Used to be by age 23 you were a good experience driver. Today many folks are just learning how to drive with other people in the car at age 23. That has been the case for over a decade so now anybody 30 and under doesn't have much driving experience

I learn so much in my teenage years of driving. By age 30 I pretty much did not get nervous while driving, no matter what happen

What about drivers ed, states have slashed funding for those programs as well. When I was in high school, most everybody took drivers ed by age 17 1/2. I believe drivers ed is not required for adults. So at age 20, you can just walk in and if you pass a written test they hand you a drivers license in many states. You might have zero time behind the wheel of a real car, doesn't matter

I was in drivers ed at age 15 1/2 and the day I turned 16 I got my drivers license--I could drive at anytime and with anybody, I just could not get any traffic tickets for the first year or they reviewed and often then restricted your license.

What about drivers ed, states have slashed funding for those programs as well. When I was in high school, most everybody took drivers ed by age 17 1/2. I believe drivers ed is not required for adults. So at age 20, you can just walk in and if you pass a written test they hand you a drivers license in many states. You might have zero time behind the wheel of a real car, doesn't matter

In IL, you can walk in and take the test at 18 and you are ready to go. Even without any driver's ed classes.

-
Back