Having a problem with carb

-

Jmcginnis89

Reaction score
So on my /6 it has the 1 bbl holley 1945 just re built it runs great. Except when at idel a punching it it cuts out and then picks up I adjusted the accelerator pump rod to 2 11/32 and still does it any suggestions? Need help

Look down the carb with the engine off. Slowly open the throttle, if you don't see the accelerator pump squirting gas, your problem is in the accelerator pump. A rebuild should fix it. Common problem on slant 6's.

Whoops just read where you rebuilt it. Still do the test above. May have left out a check ball or float level is to low.

it is squirting gas i did a rebuild it just has a lag when u accel then revs up ?

it is squirting gas i did a rebuild it just has a lag when u accel then revs up ?

Usually that is a lean condition due to not enough gas squirting on acceleration. Try giving it gas with the choke blade partially closed or cup your hand over the top of the carb while advancing the gas linkage. If it revs up better than it is a squirt problem or vaccum leak.

it reved better with the choke blade closed a bit i guess ill look for vacuum leaks any guesses?

While the engine is running, spray some water around the carb and intake with a little spray bottle, (you can also spray WD40 or carb cleaner fluid but water is saver) if the RPM's change you've found your vacuum leak :)

-
Back