He was a smart little guy with a feather touch

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Took the bait balls off all 3 traps. They were stuck on with some goo.. so I zip tied them on. 2 hours later, he got caught with his mouth on the fruit.

20240518_161121.jpg
20240519_072518.jpg

(LOL!) But not smart enough, apparently...

We had mice in our new place when we first moved-in, and some of those little guys can be awfully sneaky. And they seem to learn pretty quickly as well.

Nice job!

I keep 4 traps set in the garage all year round. About every 3 months I'll get 1 or 3 of those suckers in a week's time.

My wife says I'm cruel....lol. They're rats!! :mad: I made this rat rig. Small bucket, put 4 or 5 " of water in the bottom. There is a wire tied across the top, with an old sewing thread spool in the middle that rolls on the wire. Long paint paddle for a gangplank up to the edge of the bucket. I put either cheese or peanut butter around the center of the spool. Rats smell it and walk the plank...lol. They can't get to it other than jumping, and when they get there, the spool rolls and they fall in the water and can't jump out. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. If you'd kept you little butts outta my shop, you'd still be here with us!
IMG_1966.JPG

IMG_1967.JPG

My wife says I'm cruel....lol. They're rats!! :mad: I made this rat rig. Small bucket, put 4 or 5 " of water in the bottom. There is a wire tied across the top, with an old sewing thread spool in the middle that rolls on the wire. Long paint paddle for a gangplank up to the edge of the bucket. I put either cheese or peanut butter around the center of the spool. Rats smell it and walk the plank...lol. They can't get to it other than jumping, and when they get there, the spool rolls and they fall in the water and can't jump out. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. If you'd kept you little butts outta my shop, you'd still be here with us!
View attachment 1716251954
View attachment 1716251955
FIL has used this style of trap for years. Except he uses used engine oil says it’s more effective at exterminating the pests. And incinerating them in the burn barrel is complete.

-
Back