Heacock Insurance Question

-

GoldenGirl

Reaction score
Last year when my '72 Dart made the move out of the garage to daylight, I got classic/specialty car insurance with Heacock. The policy that I received came back as written by a company called Infinity.

It's now time to renew and Heacock sent me a letter saying that they had changed my policy to a company called American Modern Insurance, which just happens to be about $20 cheaper.

What I'm wondering is what's up with this change? There are 18 pages front and back of insurance gibberish that I'm not sure I understand enough to figure out how different this policy is from the one I had. And there's a statement in the cover letter saying something about "your state may require coverage for other family members living in the home, please contact your state insurance commission." The policy cards are now just in my hubby's name. The previous cards had his,mine and my adult daughter and son-in-law. I'm not too picky but the car is mine and I'm the one who drives it...

Has anyone else experienced this with their classic car insurance company?

:???:

I think Heacock is a broker......meaning they shop larger companies for best policy rates/coverages.

I just got a quote from Heacock and Hagerty and they both wanted my wife's information since she is of driving age. I was told it's because they have to make sure the car is nobody's daily driver. I'm getting an agreed value policy through Hagerty.

Go with Hagerty nice and simple, I like how Mopar Muscle does a one page article on Heacock insurance, after they have been taking out one page advertisements the last few months.

Hagerty is real good with paying claims. Neighbor has had them for years. Last claim he submitted was faxed to them, check was mailed next day. They hassled me a bit when I lived in Az and told them I was going to drive the car 6-7k miles a year. :toothy10:

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

I'm off to the Mopar Nats tomorrow but will call Hagerty when I get back home. My existing policy is good until September. Or who knows, maybe Hagerty will have a booth at the Nats!

Thanks again. :)

-
Back