Head bolt question

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Im pulling the motor and trans AGAIN! This time to replace the TQ and Rebuild the Front end, but Im looking to get the heads off and check the motor out. This will be the third time taking these head bolts out, should I look to get new ones or are they ok? Of course gaskets will be replaced.

Ive reused head bolts a bunch of times, but in a high performance engine you will probably feel more comfortable if you do change them. I purchased a set of ARP bolts off of ebay for $40.

Do yourself a favor and order up a set of arp head studs

Do yourself a favor and order up a set of arp head studs

you cant go from bolts to studs like nothing i believe...You would have to get everything worked on from the machine shop, unless thats the mains Im thinking about...

Thats the mains your thinking of.

I got Edelebrock heads and the ARP studs. I had to use two ARP bolts as to not restrict oil flow to the rocker shaft. The bolts are turned down and the studs are a 1/2" diameter.

I cant find the studs for magnum motor...can anyone help? I have Magnum heads on LA block.

I cant find the studs for magnum motor...can anyone help? I have Magnum heads on LA block.

You have RHS Heads Right? They don't make a set of Head Studs for either the LA or Magnum versions of those heads. I called ARP and they made me a set off the Dimensions "Lengths I gave them" The RHS Heads Use the Longest size all across under the valve cover unlike the stock style that have different sizes. The ones outside the valve cover are standard size though.

You have RHS Heads Right? They don't make a set of Head Studs for either the LA or Magnum versions of those heads. I called ARP and they made me a set off the Dimensions "Lengths I gave them" The RHS Heads Use the Longest size all across under the valve cover unlike the stock style that have different sizes. The ones outside the valve cover are standard size though.

And Magnum Studs wouldnt work? I guess Ill re-use these or get New ARP/Mopar Magnum Bolts then.

-
Back