head gasket help

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
hay guys got some of the parts to try and get the 340 back togeather and want to know what head gasket you think would work best for me I think it comes out to be 11.1 comp... or a little less....also I want to ask what tou think the car will do once back togeather.....

340/30 over
j heads that flow 240intake/160ex (I think on the ex need to find papers)
1 5/8 headers
x-cel intake or torker 11 thtas matched to the heads
950hp
dome tops on h beams
comp cams xs282s cam

282/290 ad
244/252 @50
520/540
on a 110
1.5 roller rockers
727 trans rev. body and a 9 1/2 verta (lupo)
4.57geras and 27.5/10.5 Qtp tire
70 duster

3way shocks up front
mp drag shocks back and 02/03 springs:cheers:

best runs before
[email protected] mph 1/8 with a 1.70 60'
trying out some new ideas
add a chain tension had to much play in the chain for some reason
had comp 306mag 555/555 cam

If the pistons are 0 decked an .039 #1009 fel pro would work.

You could run just about anything with the iron block/head combo without reservation. Not really enough compression to worry about popping HG's.

yea the pistons are a little shy of 0 deck so I was hopeing that I could use the 1008 without any problems...so what do you guys think this thing might do in the 1/8 mile..I hope better than before anyway.....

Yep 1008's, had BB on my mind when I wrote that. Sorry about the mistake, 1009's don't fit to well on SB's.

nobody gonna say what it should do or make any desk top dyno guys out there that can run the #####'s...thanks

nobody gonna say what it should do or make any desk top dyno guys out there that can run the #####'s...thanks

Just a guess.

Had a 340 + .030 with same cam, edelbrocks, victor 340, 950, 10.7:1 and made 450hp

It sounds like a low 12 combo to me. You could step it up with a good single plane manifold and some larger headers. If you really wanted to get serious then some better heads are in order.

yea I got some big tube headers I just thought that they would kill the bottom end, and as far as tires I plan to go back to some 29 next time I got this set new from a freind with the wheels at a deal..now as for the heads I have a set that Bobby is going to get as soon as cash is right for that project.....what intake you think would be better m1????? thanks all for the info and help now I just have to get out to the shop and strat working............8):cheers:

hay thanks crackedback whats been going on ????just getting in from work and checked the board out nows about time for bed 5:30 comes fast.....keep the info going guys need to get this little duster rolling

-
Back