Head gasket question

-

ValiantMike

Reaction score
I just purchased 302 heads for my 318 and I'm getting ready to install. I bought these to increase my compression ratio over existing heads and would like to get some opinions on just what head gaskets I should use to maximize the benefits without compromising mostly street driving use, even though that won't be very much. Thanks in advance, Mike

I used the mopar performance thin gaskets with no issues. MOPP4120094
(0.024" to 0.028" compressed thickness)

if i'm correct you want to know the thickness to use for compression right? ihd that info. i'll see if ican find it again or just contact mancini racing they sell the mopargaskets differnt thickness email em tell em what your tryingto do

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I want to use the thinest one I can without getting one that isn't going to hold up to everyday driving. Car is going to be street car with a rare visit to drags. Mike

The thin MP ones are the best bang for the buck. Cometics are not made by FelPro, and are far different than anything FP offers. They also require a specific surface finish on heads and block to work properly. So just dropping them on often leads to leaks later. I use the MPs fairly often when I'm trying to maximize squeeze in a smog engine.

-
Back