head lights

-

ron69

Reaction score
have any one had problems with head lights flashing when drive at night.:cheers:

I seen flashing lights in my rear view more than I like !!! LOL
More info!!! Is it when you are just cruising ...?

Yes. I went to a different kind of lights and H4 bulbs. I found the built in circuit breaker in the headlight switch couldn't handle it. So, at 3:00 in the morning halfway home from work, poof! Off go the lights. A couple seconds later, poof! On go the lights. Quite a fun ride home. I ended up getting a Daniel Stern lighting harness with relays. No more dim lights getting brighter as I rev the engine. They are brighter and work beautifully off of battery power. Your headlight switch is only used to energize the relays, so it has little or no strain.

Check floor mounted dimmer switch. Any moisture in there over the years can cause this issue.

Grant

almost always the headlight switch causes that. More predominantly on Fords. Switch your headlights over to relays, and you will be just fine. H4's on system voltage will make 'em much brighter.

H4 with 2 relays was one of the best "mods" I've done to date. I don't know how I didn't die with old Wagner halogens it had. Relays alone are a step in the right direction but I did it all at once.

it is when i am driving i'm going to try the relay with new lights thanks guy's]

See articles here and here. The photos of the headlight beams on the road in both articles are very poor, but the text is descriptive and accurate. Also see here to make sure you didn't accidentally get headlamps that look nifty but aren't safe.

Bosch motorcycle headlamps, not meant or engineered (or adequate, or approved) for use on cars and trucks. The motorcycle headlamp standard they were built to is pathetic in its minimal performance requirement. The reason why there are vendors selling a pair of those lamps so cheap is because Harley-Davidson, who quit using that lamp in 2003, offloaded a bunch of them as surplus about 18 months ago. The basic errors the vendors are making (either out of ignorance or because they don't want customers to think twice) is guessing/assuming all 7" round H4 headlights are alike, all Bosch 7" H4 headlights are alike, all Bosch headlights are good, all H4 headlights are good, all H4 headlights are "European". None of that's correct. Still, they're not the worst ones you can get; there exists ridiculously bad garbage in the form of headlight-shaped toys from China and India.

Make sure they are aimed according to the "VOL" specs here.

-
Back