Head liner

-

Holy Roller

Reaction score
I'm not to familiar with darts, that's why I'm asking this question. Do all darts have bows in the head liner? Or are there some that have a cardboard type of liner with material glued to it?

The earlier ones used bows and the later ones used a hardboard headliner. I think the cutoff year was 71-72, but not 100% sure.

There were some that used both, depending on trim level.

I'm putting a headliner in my 71 scamp 2 door ht . It has 5 listing wires that are mixed up. Do the longest one go in the front and shortest in the back? They are color coded also. Thanks for any help.

I'm trying to replace my headliner in a 68 dart. It has a sloppy hardboard liner in it. And I would like to use bows if they'll work. And I'm changing my dash if a 70 dart dash will work in a 68 dart.

The earlier ones used bows and the later ones used a hardboard headliner. I think the cutoff year was 71-72, but not 100% sure.
From what I have read today 70 was the last year of the cups to hold the listing wires. My 70 super bee has them. My 71 scamp has 3 holes for adjusting wire tension and a curved end on wires. My problem is finding the orntation of the wires. Still looking for a answer.

I'm putting a headliner in my 71 scamp 2 door ht . It has 5 listing wires that are mixed up. Do the longest one go in the front and shortest in the back? They are color coded also. Thanks for any help.

There were some that used both, depending on trim level.
If it has a hard board headliner, do I have to go back with the same.

My 72 duster had the hardboard, I had to pull it due to a mouse house. I was looking and holes for the bows are not there like in my 70.

My 72 duster had the hardboard, I had to pull it due to a mouse house. I was looking and holes for the bows are not there like in my 70.
I have a 68 and I think the places are there for the bows. But I'm not sure if the same trim will work for either one.

-
Back