Head Studs

-

69Chrgr

Charger/Cuda
Reaction score
O.k., so what all do I need to know before I order my head studs for my 408 with Eddy Magnum heads? Where is the best place to order?
Thanks as always

Make sure you get the right studs for the Eddy heads....they are a different P/N than what the stock cast iron heads. Also you will gind that the studs don't have one necked down for oil to flow through if you are using shaft rockers....take a die grinder or dremel with a samll burr and cut a small groove throught the bolt hole in the head to let oil flow through.

These are the closest kits that we have for the LA with Eddie heads:

"A" Engine with W2, Econo, or Edelbrock heads- #144-4202 (12 point nuts)

"A" Engine with Edelbrock RPM heada- #144-4005 (hex nuts

The only fasteners specifically for the Magnum version are bolts- #144-3605

I will double check on the availibilty of studs though, as there would most likely be something not listed that will work.

It really depends on what Edlebrock head you have.

Best thing to do is call Edelbrock or some place like Mancini and get the P/N for the heads you have.

Oil to the heads has a dedicated hole and does not travel up a head bolt. Plus even if it did I didn't grind my studs and get plenty of oil to my shafts.

Chuck

This is on a Magnum engine with Eddy RPM heads. Should I just order the studs from Indy to ensure I get the right ones, or will I just pay too much?

-
Back