Head Work Tools

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
ok so i want to buy the tools to do the slant head for my dad... now im not ready to jump in on seats and stuff (though ive done it before)...

so im looking for:

a guide cutter so i can run push on seals

spring seat cutter

and burrs for porting...

i would like to get quality stuff but not running top fuel here lol...

P.s. anything else you would recommend??

Get the porting kit with the sanding rolls. This is one of the very few times I'll recommend it, but the kit from Harbor Fright seems to do OK, and it's a lot cheaper than the ones in the Jegs or Scummit.

Get the porting kit with the sanding rolls. This is one of the very few times I'll recommend it, but the kit from Harbor Fright seems to do OK, and it's a lot cheaper than the ones in the Jegs or Scummit.

the sand roll kit or the burrs from HF??

mcmaster-carr for most of the cartridge rolls and burrs.

honestly im cheap i say buy a quality carbite bit and actually ace hardware sells decent ones and then get a stone polishing kit and just a cheap mini air grinder and you can port with the best of them.................just my .02

honestly im cheap i say buy a quality carbite bit and actually ace hardware sells decent ones and then get a stone polishing kit and just a cheap mini air grinder and you can port with the best of them.................just my .02

yea thats kinda where im trying to go! thanks for the ideas...

just practice on a junk head first cause those bits cut metal pretty quick trust me!

just practice on a junk head first cause those bits cut metal pretty quick trust me!

oh yea i know... ive done porting before just never with my own tools... and so im trying to collect stuff... more like my dad will buy my tools if i do the work on his head kinda deal... tools for labor deal ya know!

i already found all the spring seat and valve seal tools... and now burrs... man this stuff adds up quick lol... but for the money i can pay a shop the same amount and have to pay everytime to do it...

I order most of my stuff from ebay. You can get good hiquality burrs for cheap. alot of them are used, resharpend burrs, had the best louck with those. I have one bur thats been used on about 30 heads or so and still is as sharp as new! Dont buy the stones or cartridge rolls that HF sell they will not last, and the cartridge rolls will seperate in no time. i also buy my cartridge rolls from ebay. I picked up a 40lbs of misc cartridge roll off of ebay for $70.

-
Back