Headed to TN and SC in March...

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
So we're planning a vacation in March to Gatlinburg, TN, and Charleston, SC. I was wondering if anybody has recommendations on what we should do or see while we are there. In Gatlinburg, we're gonna check out the whole Ripley's setup, and we're going to Patriot's Point in Charleston. Other than that, I'm open to suggestions. Oh, I should probably tell you our group consists of two adults, one senior, and a 7 year old boy. Thanks in advance!

If you want to see some great cars go to Floyd Garrett's Muscle Car Museum, Sevierville. I've been there 3-4 times.

I was there two years ago in a nice mountain log cabin rental, went to the aquarium and the ripleys museum. Hung out in the woods and built fires and did hot dogs with the my friend's kids.

The aquarium is top o' de line! Very nice experience for all ages. So is Ripley's.

This Christmas, going to Gatilinberg with my best friend and his family, staying in a 3 story log cabin in the hills. Going to take his kids all over the friggin place and show em a good time. Then I am drinking a half qt of factory built Tennessee moonshine and relaxing in the jacuzzi while listening to Pink Floyd.

Probably my favorite state.

T for Texax, T for Tennessee!

My recommendations.

Those sound very promising, thank you! I've also found where there is a Cooter's Bar in Gatlinburg, so we're gonna have to stop there too. Anybody in the SC area know of anything to do in Charleston, besides visit the USS Yorktown at Patriot's Point? I know Fort Sumter is there, so we'll probably check that out too. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks again in advance!

You may want to swing by Myrtle Beach on the way to Charleston It seems to more of a tourist's atraction than Folly beach in Charleston. There is more than the sand and water to enjoy there.

Do you have your dates in March narrowed down? What route will you take between TN & SC? Charleston isn't far from Savannah, St. Patty's day is big in Savannah...
I've always enjoyed Chattanooga, TN. Some great tourist sites, and a (used to be) fairly cheap recovery museum there in downtown that was interesting as all get out.
C

If you enjoy Civil War history you can also check out the Hunley submarine museum in Charleston.

If you enjoy Civil War history you can also check out the Hunley submarine museum in Charleston.

That's in Charleston??? I didn't know that. I remember watching the History Channel (or was it the Discovery Channel?) special about when they brought that up. That was really exciting! Especially when they found the gold coin that was the captain's good luck piece. Thank you for that bit of information. That is DEFINITELY getting added to the itinerary!

-
Back