Header, 440 Duster

-

Brian Donahue

Exhaust system
Reaction score
Has anyone had any dealings with this company, Schumacher Creative Services
2025 NE 123rd St
Seattle, WA 98125?
My order is moving along very slowly, parts came in last week, still haven't been shipped. Secondly, are these headers all they are cracked up to be? My choice is because they are supposed to fit my Duster without modification. Reviews are appreciated>

A number of people here have had dealings with Schumacher, myself included. IMO, always a quality product and service. If you ordered a coated header it will likely take longer.

Secondly, are these headers all they are cracked up to be? My choice is because they are supposed to fit my Duster without modification.

your looking for a header that will fit a car without modification...and you list an engine that was never offered in that car?

schumies are good headers, but consider what you are asking for...there might be a little massaging involved

A number of people here have had dealings with Schumacher, myself included. IMO, always a quality product and service. If you ordered a coated header it will likely take longer.
I'm glad to here you liked them. Mine are non coated. It was a combination of weird circumstances, they've had the inventory, minus drop down flanges for a week. I asked them last Thursday to ship them separate, but the order went out some time today, Finally! Nothing happens fast enough when your hot rod is spread all over the shop floor looking at you. I have pulled to replace the radiator and water pump, and with all that extra room in the engine bay, I don't want to put the cooling system back together until I install the TriY's. Can yo offer me any tips on installing them? My car is fully assembled with an intact engine.

Thx
Brian

I use fully studded heads rather than header bolts so things could be a little tighter going in. Pull the starter (also a good time to consider a mini-starter if you don't have one). You might want to drop the center link. (If the torsion bars and steering column are out, you'll have even more room to work). If you have power steering one of the tubes may contact a corner of the steering box. If it touches or there's not enough clearance just grind the corner of the box. It'll be obvious. There's lots of material on it.

There's less clearance between the header and inner fender on the passenger side. Again, if there are studs you may have to unbolt the mount and jack the motor up on that side to slip it over the studs.

You won't be able to reach all the plugs with a wrench. I made a tool to access the inaccessible spark plugs.

The Schumachers have nice thick flanges and you shouldn't have any leaks develop but if you want extra insurance I'd recommend a set of Remflex gaskets: MOPAR Header/Exhaust Manifold Gasket

I have a set on my 383, no clearance issues at all and changing plugs isn't a big problem either. I do have a mini starter and no power steering, although my Borgeson kit just arrived....

-
Back