Header advice

-
ive got headmen's on the way i use to run hookers super stocks ind i never had a problem with fit nor hitting the ground then again my car is all hiked up late 60s early 70s style so you should take into account your stance as well and the only reason the hookers are being replaced is the passenger side roted out due to being thirty years of moister collecting in them when they where on my buddies car so its all up to you

ps this car would pull wheel stands regually and still no damage to the headers so it has a lot to do with you suspension set up as well

I would have to agree with what has already been said here several times.. If I had to do it all over again, I would keep the manifolds on and save for TTI's or Dougs... (in fact one of these years I will upgrade to those).. I went with Hooker's because they were cheap.. I dont have much of a car budget and I wanted headers... the drivers side was a total face melting pain in the *** to install, with clearance issues around the steering box.. Havent had a problem with wires getting burnt.. but trying to get to the header bolt closest to the firewall on the drivers side is a nightmare... then theres that low hanging problem.. I visually dont mind being able to see the header hanging low.. but be prepared to drive slow as it will freaking hit EVERYTHING.. lol... All in all, they're cheap, affordable and will do the job... but.. this is probably one area not to buy the cheap stuff.. lol..

I'm going with factory exhaust manifolds on my 318 scamp project.Tired of all the clearance problems and high prices of headers

-
Back