Header and Power Steering issues

-

Tims 66 Cuda

Mopar mid life crisis
Reaction score
I,ve installed a 360 with Speedmaster heads in a 66 Barracuda. I,m Installing Dougs D-450 headers. I,m having clearance issues between the headers and P/S box. Is there an after market steering box that may correct this. Any help appreciated. If this may be the wrong forum move it and let me know.

Thanks, Tim

Just some info- I just did this set up but factory head 273.
66 Barracuda.
You need to make sure engine is at proper height. Using factory motor mounts. Also to clear box steering shaft I had to pull the headers (Doug’s D- 450 ) together with ratchet strap at the collectors to “tweek “ them to clear the shaft. Then welded the exhaust up to that width so the exhaust holds that position. But on hard acceleration I still feel the couple rub the header.
My headers did not clear the top of the ps box until I installed the proper 66’ motor mounts I found on Rock Auto of all places.

Another vote for check the engine height, we have a '66 Cuda with a 360, power steering and the same D-450 headers, they clear everything...

Thanks for the replies. After further research , I,m looking into a Borgeson steering gear.

Thanks Tim

Syleng1,
Were the mounts you found listed for a ,66 or for another vehicle. I only see mounts for a 273/ 318. I have Schumacher conversion mounts in now.

Tim

-
Back