header fitment question and good news! 683hp

-

get dustd

Reaction score
Well i finished my motor finally. I know i was talking to a few people on here about the setup so heres an update. i was figuring to make around 600 and it ended up making that for average hp between 4000-6200 so im very happy with the numbers. And get this, that was on 93 shell gas solid non roller cam and a 825cfm carb. Its a 499CI 400 block with side bolt billet mains, hard block and indy 440ez-1 heads. I have alot of hours into the setup and im very excited to set it in the car for the first time.

My problem is im not sure what to do about headers. Its a street car and will have exaust but i still want to run a 2" header because thats what i dynoed with and we tried bigger and it didnt like it. the only header tti makes for me is the 1 3/4 size. does anyone else make a header for a low deck big block in a 72 duster? I would really like to avoid cutting up the car with fenderwall headers.

thanks for any imput or comments,
Joe

PICT1878.jpg

all the motor work was done at opel engineering in streamwood il. I work there and we do a ton of street/race mopar engines.
http://www.opelengineering.com/

PICT1878.jpg

PICT1878.jpg

I was going to suggest Maddog, I`ve even seen them on Ebay before. From what I hear they install very easy because they come apart. Congrats on the dyno #`s ,those Indy heads make MAD HP!

hmmm that site has a link to an ebay store with only 3 header auctions in it do i have to call and have something made?

Nice jobon the motor .Sounds a lot like my package except I,m running a roller cam and a dominator. whose valve train did you use?

The rockers are 440 source which i was very hesitant about but they worked out good. the springs retianers and keepers came with the head package from indy and the spring pressure was perfect for my setup. We broke in the cam without the inners though. The pushrods are just custom 7/16's the lifters are comp and the cam is a camotion custom grind. It was accually a pretty cheap build but with all the chamber and bowl work and runner matching it ended up working very well.

-
Back