header help please!!

-

scott2683

Reaction score
I have read article after article and been on multiple forums trying to find out which header is going to fit my car the best. I am building on a budget and I don't have the extra cash for $750 headers. Everything I have read is very conflicting. Some people say you have to remove the center link and the torsion bar and others do not.

I would like to know your guys' recommendations and what you're using. I am more confused now than when I first started!

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Header installations are most always a pisser. They are even harder to do with the cheaper headers. The Hooker and Hedman cheapies hang low and will contact the pavement if your suspension bottoms out. Your safest bet if you buy these is to get stiffer torsion bars and shocks to slow down the suspension action.
Yes, in many cases you will have to remove the center link. No BFD really. The alignment is unaffected. The starter usually has to come out too. Some unbolt the engine from its mounts and lift from the oil pan to rock the engine to one side or the other. I've used an engine hoist to do this.

scott i just got done installing headers on my 70 dart im thinking they were hedmans but all i had to do was remove the center link and the 90degree oil filter adapter i did the driver side first i had the car on car ramps and used a floor jack to raise the motor up were the motor mount bolt was out of its hole same with pass side waggin did a excellent job of describing how to do this in a other post

I know that that Sanderson makes high quality street rod headers, but was unaware that they made any for A bodies. Has any body had any experience with them?
Obviously not an ultimate performance header, but should be great for ground clearance.

-
Back