header installation

-

angeldust72

Reaction score
Is there any trick to putting headers in a small block A body with 727, we're having trouble getting the passenger side to fit

Are they full length headers? If you are having trouble with the pass. side wait till you get to the drivers side. The steering link has to be taken apart, sometimes the shift linkage modified, and the motor jacked up as well as having the car raised up on jack stands.

well, they are full length, but we've got the drivers side in there. we're putting the engine in, so we didn't have to take apart the steering components.

you have to put the headers on after the motor is set in place, then jack the motor up to fit them in from underneath the vehicle

shouldnt...just move the wheel back and forth....i did have to drop the drop link to get the drivers side in...im not sure how you're installing this tho...

I put them in my 70 Duster. The left side took 5 hrs and the right side took 45 min. You do have to drop linkage on both sides. I put RS header in from underneath.

the tti instructions tell you you need to put both in from underneath. put the pass side in 1st, its easiest if you have the car jacked up as high as possible...i dont know why, it just worked like that. the motor should basically be lifted up as high as you can go(i did it with trans attached to engine. its a tight fit but can be done.

if you havent gotten them in yet, try taking the passenger side torsion bar out or actually just sliding it back . thats what i needed to do and it was very easy after that.

-
Back