Header/manifold dyno test

-
thanks jim, i understand entirely; as always the devil is in the details. i appreciate the response.

thanks jim, i understand entirely; as always the devil is in the details. i appreciate the response.

Do you have a particular build in mind that you would like me to run? Only take a few minutes if you pick an Edelbrock or Toth head.

Do you have a particular build in mind that you would like me to run? Only take a few minutes if you pick an Edelbrock or Toth head.
no, not at this time. i was more ruminating on the "where" point of lift that the pendulum swung and if there was a kind of rule of thumb that could be somewhat proven out by data or a detail analysis.

it was strictly a: at "x" lift point it is considered that headers would be a worthwhile expense.

while we all know that there are benefits, especially on anything hotter than a stock cam, i was just curious if there was a direct correlation that could be kinda, sorta pin pointed on something more stock in nature.

but thank you for the offer, i may take you up on that in the future!

no, not at this time. i was more ruminating on the "where" point of lift that the pendulum swung and if there was a kind of rule of thumb that could be somewhat proven out by data or a detail analysis.

it was strictly a: at "x" lift point it is considered that headers would be a worthwhile expense.

while we all know that there are benefits, especially on anything hotter than a stock cam, i was just curious if there was a direct correlation that could be kinda, sorta pin pointed on something more stock in nature.

but thank you for the offer, i may take you up on that in the future!

That is what I have learned from all the modeling.... rules of thumb are dangerous... you need to just pick a defined purpose for the engine and do the math to optimize it. There are a lot of exceptions to those rules.

Last edited:
-
Back