Header qustions???

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a set of Hooker super comps for my slant. In addition I have an offy intake with a Holley 390. I am looking into going a dual 2 bbl carb setup and have the problem now that I will have with the new intake as well. The flanges on the headers are less in thickness than the intake. I had a buddy of mine suggest welding some nuts on the flanges where the little mounting wedges go. I guess this will work but I am looking for a clean look and want something that will work and work well. Does anyone make some sort of plates that slide onto the header prior to putting all of the system together? Is there a shim set made that wiil not just slide or vibrate off? Can the intake be shaved to match without wrecking the intake? Thanks.
Chas.

I'm sure you can mill the intake,,But,, I run a old set of Direct Connection headers 6 into 1 and all they have is 1/4'' nuts welded to the flange out of the box. Worked fine with my Offy intake. I also run 2 intake/exhaust gaskets to help sealing and to take up any imperfections. Been on the car 5 years now.

there should have been some funny looking washers that came with the headers...

those are the spacers...

Thanks for the info. Yeah, used headers so there are no washers to work with. I will check into 1/4 nuts. Just want to make sure this setup works and seals up right!!
Chas

-
Back