Header removal on my Dart

-

abodyfan

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm putting exhaust manifolds back on my Dart. The car had Pypes exhaust on it with headers. The second owner put the exhaust on, I bought it from the third owner, I'm surprised it didn't fall off. Barely on there and not tight. Then to remove the headers, the right side came off fairly easy, the left side wasn't horrible. The guy who put them on beat the crap out of the floor and beat the tubes almost shut. I don't know if it was the right set of headers.

I've heard Pypes headers don't fit in an A body. Too bad they beat on your floor.

I didn't know Pypes made headers, I have a Pypes 2 1/2 race pro exhaust with Dougs headers on my '70 dart and it all fits great. sounds like whom ever did yours didn't know what they were doing.

Jeff

I don't know what brand the headers are they are junk. I've had dynomax headers on a Duster they fit ok. These where just really bad fit. The rest of the exhaust was Pypes with the x pipe. It would have fit ok but with headers it hung done to low and always bottomed out. I just prefer stock manifolds so I bought some 340 manifolds.

-
Back