header tube hiting my pitman arm

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Only one tube hiting my pitman arm only when the steering is turned hard left.Will a blow torch like the one used to do home plumbing heat it up enough to put a small bend in the tube.any tips that i could do.Thanks.:cheers:

Not sure about the arm but the headers are dynomax there worth a little over 500 canadian nice headers.

ck your motor mount on that side ,that was a problem i had I used old motor mount .to much sag in it let it hit the tube .

dartman340ta there new mounts just installed.I was thinking i could shim that mount up a tad.anyone done that

I was thinking i could shim that mount up a tad.anyone done that

I had to reposition my motor (By adjusting the position of the motor mounts) to get my tti's to fit without hitting the t-bar. Not the same headers I realize but the theory is the same.

The tti instructions mentioned that the motor had to be in the correct position or the headers might hit. Do the instructions with your's mention anything about?

my directions say to mark the header and remove it, place it on a flat surface and hit it gently with a hammer to flatten it a little.

Put a 1/4" shim under the driver mount,loosen pass side, slide the engine to pass side; all at the same time.

I had to shim mine up about 3/16 or 1/4 " had same problem, I also had bran new mounts from mancini broke them right away, so shim and chains holding her down works well D

Only one tube hiting my pitman arm only when the steering is turned hard left.Will a blow torch like the one used to do home plumbing heat it up enough to put a small bend in the tube.any tips that i could do.Thanks.:cheers:
how about just not turning hard left????:bootysha::toothy10::bootysha:

Ya my instructions say mark and remove.Nope I will waite and get it to a shop they can heat it up and put a small dent in it.Dont feel like tearing it all apart again.Thanks all.

I guess I'm spoiled with tti headers. no denting/mangling required.

was just telling you what it said :bootysha::bootysha::toothy10: :bootysha::bootysha:

-
Back