Header woes

-

jim

Reaction score
I have a 67 Dart big block with Hooker super comp fenderwel headers. The old headers have had it. I decided to bite the bullet and ordered a new set of ceramic super comps. 1st set came in all dinged up from shippers.2nd set were damaged and sent back the supplier. 3rd set came in dinged up also. Vender said it would be 3 or 4 weeks for a new set. They offered to discount $100.00 of the price.Well I was feed up with missing 3 week ends so decidet to use them anyway to run this weekend. New problem is they dont fit. they hit on the roll bar where the old ones cleared. Did Hooker change the bends in the tubes? My old headers were about 7 years old. Sooo I ordered another set #4 of unpainted headers. could not see beating up a set of coated headers.
Has anybody have these fitting issues?

Thanks Jim

Maybe you got different sizes. They make (or used to make) 1 7/8" and 2" primaries. My duster came with a new set of 1 7/8" hookers but I sold them. Didn't want to cut up pristine inner fenders. Used schumachers, but have a pair of tti's to go in with new motor this spring.

Yea, they were 2" old and new. Funny when you set a car up for everything to fit, one thing has to be changed leads to more modifying. I guess I will have to alter the front tubes on the roll cage.

where did you buy them?

i hate to hear this as Im getting ready to buy a set.

did they ship UPS ? That would explain them getting beat to hell.

Ya, I'm really sick of these shipping companies!!!!! UPS has F-ed up a couple parts for me, and so has Fed-ex. And USPS has "misplaced" $500.00 worth of money orders for me this year. I'm real sick of all of them. I guess It will be time to give DHL a chance.

I purchase them from JEGS and they use FED-UP I meant FED-EX

that sucks--ive used fed ex for 10 years and have had 0 problems.

last year i had 2 boxes that had TRACKING NUMBERS somehow lost by the usps .

:angry5:

-
Back