Headers on a 95 5.9 with f.i.?

-

71dusterdan

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering out loud if the Schumacher Tri-Y's I bought for my la block work on my 95 5.9, with stock injection? Thanks

well, cant say on experience, but as long as you keep the o2 sensors, it should work fine.

My 68 318 manifolds fit on my 5.2L. Since then, I went with the original Ram manifolds. My understanding is that the bosses for the truck motor mounts need to be ground off in order to fit the headers.

For the longest time I had gasket sealing issues running LA headers on magnum heads. The ports are different enough where the gasket is thin is some places. I found that using Remflex gaskets (THE best gaskets I've ever tried, and I've tried a bunch) to match the header (LA) fixed the issue. They're also thicker than standard gaskets so they push the header away from the block a bit. Not sure if it'll be enough to clear the magnum motor mount bosses though.

Can I mount my O2 sensors in the pipes after the header flange? Really don't want to weld to an expensive set of coated headers.

-
Back