Headers on stock 66?

-

hellfirechrome

Reaction score
Want to install (and buy, if you have 'em) long headers in my 66 signet. 225, PS, PB (soon), stock trans and engine. For now I will be running them with the stock one barrel carburetor and intake. Down the road I would like to have a hyper Pak intake. What do I need to know? Will I have to use short headers because of the power steering? Thanks guys!

i ran the shortie headers for a while in my 66. never seen long tubes for it though. depending on your transmission there may not be room to get the long tubes through the opening to run your exhaust. mine was pretty tight just running 2 2 1/4 pipes down through there. cant imagine 6 smaller pipes fitting. im also running the 3 on the tree so i have all kinds of linkage going through the same opening.

Clifford used to sell the long tube headers that fit with PS. Don't think they're even available from them anymore. The front 3 tubes were routed ahead of the steering box and then under the k frame. There's an outfit in OZ that's making something very similar (can';t remember who right off hand). As I understand it, the shortie headers will fit with PS if the front 3 are modified (shortened up). I will be finding out about this first hand when I begin fitting everything together in the wagon. Wish I had kept my long tubes as they did fit and work with PS.

-
Back