Headers Question

-

Rodzilla

Reaction score
Who makes smallblock headers that hug the block the least? I have a rear sump road racing pan on my 340. So headers such as TTI are a no go since they hug the block so close. The other thing is they can't hang too low either since they are going in a lowrider. I was thinking maybe shorty headers if I have to, if decent tube size are available.
Any suggestions and part numbers? Thanks

Who makes smallblock headers that hug the block the least? I have a rear sump road racing pan on my 340. So headers such as TTI are a no go since they hug the block so close. The other thing is they can't hang too low either since they are going in a lowrider. I was thinking maybe shorty headers if I have to, if decent tube size are available.
Any suggestions and part numbers? Thanks
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hed-78500

just ditch the reducer to you don't choke down to a 2 1/4" and get a 2.5" to 2.5" collector

TTi headers fit just fine with the milodon road race oil pan. If you go with Doug's headers you get a little more room with the milodon road race oil pan.
Autoxcuda had TTi a milodon road race oil pan.

TTi headers fit just fine with the milodon road race oil pan. If you go with Doug's headers you get a little more room with the milodon road race oil pan.
Autoxcuda had TTi a milodon road race oil pan.

Ya, I have one on my 416 in the Demon. This is a Canton REAR sump, slightly wider then the Milodon which totally gets in the way of where most headers go. I originally bought it for the Demon but was a no go with my 1 7/8" TTIs. But I figured I'd make it work for my airbagged Fargo since I don't want to peal a stock oilpan off.

Ya, I have one on my 416 in the Demon. This is a Canton REAR sump, slightly wider then the Milodon which totally gets in the way of where most headers go. I originally bought it for the Demon but was a no go with my 1 7/8" TTIs. But I figured I'd make it work for my airbagged Fargo since I don't want to peal a stock oilpan off.
you got a thread goin of the Fargo build? I have a '74 D100.

shouldn't have much of a problem making those work on that truck. obviously, you aren't gonna be running the stock starter.

-
Back