Status
Not open for further replies.

don-vee

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Anybody need a set of Slant 6 headers?
If you have been looking for these, you know finding a set of used ones is about as rare as hen's teeth, and they're brutally expensive new. Summit sells the Hooker ones for over $500.
These are in good shape, one weld around collector has been rewelded and is nice and solid.
$250 plus shipping, or pickup in Wilkes-Barre PA is always welcome.

10690111_10203657644307104_2122941891842256119_n.jpg

They sort of look like early A long tubes for use with power steering but doubt they would fit. I suspect they are for a truck.

I'm actually not sure what they're for. I looked up Slant 6 headers, and it seems all of them (even ones for A-bodies) look very long, exactly like this. The ones Hooker sells currently fit a variety of applications - A, F, B, and E bodies. I was unable to find any for truck applications.
You have to remember how high up the exhaust outlets are on the Slant 6, and how far down they have to travel.
Here's a picture someone else on this forum posted, long tube headers for an A-body...

attachment.php

Those look like car headers. A, B, E bodies. Not sure about early A. They are also reversed from their installed positions.

Those look like car headers. A, B, E bodies. Not sure about early A. They are also reversed from their installed positions.

It does look like they should be reversed - move the front one to the rear.

Here's a couple of pics to help compare and maybe assist the OP determine what he actually has" First pic is of a set of early A long tube headers that fit the early A chassis with power steering. Second one is a set of 6 into 1 headers which I have been told they are early Hookers. They should fit the 67-76 chassis but have been told they could be for the early A. Last pic is of a set of shorties I have that are hanging in the rafters. These should fit just about anything.

Attachments

• 2015-01-24 15.10.37.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 2015-01-24 15.20.29.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 2015-01-24 15.16.54.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 219
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back