Headers Suggestions?

-

Coryduran

Reaction score
I wanted to get some exhaust headers for my 65 dart gt, 273, but the only ones on summit are at least $600.

Am I just crazy to hope to be able to get some decent headers for less than that? Or can you guys throw out some suggestions of other brands/places to check out for headers. I want to go dual exhaust down the road.

I wanted to get some exhaust headers for my 65 dart gt, 273, but the only ones on summit are at least $600.

Am I just crazy to hope to be able to get some decent headers for less than that? Or can you guys throw out some suggestions of other brands/places to check out for headers. I want to go dual exhaust down the road.
I plan on going with a set of these.
They are like $150 cheaper uncoated and just painted. But I'd rather have coated8)
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HED-78506/?rtype=10

But just like you, it'll be down the road a ways

ill bet money those headman block headers will not fit in any A body,unless you relocate the steering box for starters, those are made for the street rod world,,and some pick ups would be able to use those,,,

for the early A 63/64/65/66 the easiest way out, is a pair of spit fires,,if you can get a set,ask around on this site for info on them;;

the next easyest way would be a complete set of fender well headers,,,i think headman still carries those,,maybe hooker not sure,,

the next choice would be hooker # 5208 some tubes go thru the lower fender well,,i ran them for years,,

the next choice would be a set of dougs, or TTI if they make a set for the early A,,,i think they do,,,these last 2 choices will be the most costly,,,

there is a topic on this site where guys are looking in to trying to use dodge dakota or ram magnum exhaust manifolds, this would be the cheapest way,,and would flow much better then factory 273 early exhaust manifolds,,i think they can be made to work,, with a little modifing but no one has posted any thing of a finished project yet

ill bet money those headman block headers will not fit in any A body,unless you relocate the steering box for starters, those are made for the street rod world,,and some pick ups would be able to use those,,,

for the early A 63/64/65/66 the easiest way out, is a pair of spit fires,,if you can get a set,ask around on this site for info on them;;

the next easyest way would be a complete set of fender well headers,,,i think headman still carries those,,maybe hooker not sure,,

the next choice would be hooker # 5208 some tubes go thru the lower fender well,,i ran them for years,,

the next choice would be a set of dougs, or TTI if they make a set for the early A,,,i think they do,,,these last 2 choices will be the most costly,,,

there is a topic on this site where guys are looking in to trying to use dodge dakota or ram magnum exhaust manifolds, this would be the cheapest way,,and would flow much better then factory 273 early exhaust manifolds,,i think they can be made to work,, with a little modifing but no one has posted any thing of a finished project yet

Whoops! They wont fit on an Early-A, my bad, forgot #-o. They do actually fit on other A-body cars (67+) fstfish. Mad Dart is using them on his TT build and they slipped right on:-D

thats kool im guessing its manual stering or has been converted to a rack and pinion

So any of you guys have any ideas where I can find some of those diffferent headers to order?

Hmm ok, well hopefully I can still find something useable a little bit cheaper :p. I might look into calling harold johnson and seeing if he is still making the spitfire headers, but I don't know. Any more suggestions will of course be greatly appreciated :p

Hmm ok, well hopefully I can still find something useable a little bit cheaper :p. I might look into calling harold johnson and seeing if he is still making the spitfire headers, but I don't know. Any more suggestions will of course be greatly appreciated :p

The way fellow members feel about Harold you'd be better off to take your money, place it in the fireplace, and set it on fire. You will get more enjoyment out it that way.

I wouldn't deal with Harold. WAAAAYYYYYY too many horror stories. I would stick with what you have until you can find a set of used spitfires, tti's (I currently have these on my car but am not to fond of how they fit), or dougs.

if you call harold make sure you get them COD. do not pay before you recieve the headers. if ya can't get spitfires your just gonna have to pay the $600. just the way it is with an early A.

-
Back