Headers ?

-

agarcia5

Reaction score
Good morning all.
I would like to know which would be the best brand or set of headers to install on a beefy 318. The main thing I am looking for is that there are no issues with installing them; for example clearance issues. Let m know what you all recommend or what set up you have. By the way the car that I want to install the headers is a '69 barracuda fastback. Thanks for your help.

Arturo

Dougs or TTi seem to be the only highly recommended full length headers that fit without much issue. I think some guys are runing Hedman shorty style headers without too many issues.
Do you have power steering and what kind of transmission? It can really depend. I'm about to do a Dougs install on my 340 with power steering and a four speed tranny. I'll try to check back and let you know how it goes.

Dougs or TTI. I got a used set of Dougs and will never use any other (old design)headers again.Nuff said.

as has been said, Dougs or TTI. I have tried 3 different other brands of headers on my 69 Barracuda (power steering and 904) and always had clearance issues. I have a set of TTIs that I will be installing in the next month or so then will be getting rid of my stock manifolds.

Here are a couple of articles involving TTI headers that you might find interesting.

As for fit, the TTI's I have on my race car were the easiest headers I ever installed in an OEM chassis car. The 1 5/8"-1 3/4" step will do well in a wide range of applications. The interior and exterior coating options are worthwhile also.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/mopp_0409_318_engine_build/index.html

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/engine/mopp_0405_dyno_test_torque_headers/index.html

Thanks for your help guys. By the way it has power steering and the transmission is a 904. So my best bet would be TTI or Doug's pretty much right? Therefore, should I stay away from Hedman, Hooker, Holley,etc.

I would look at Doug's first then TTI. Doug's are less expensive. Both are pricey though.

-
Back