Headers

-

moparstud440

Reaction score
Other than the hooker fenderwell headers are they any other 1 7/8”primary tube headers that will fit a 440 in a Plymouth Duster? Even if they require some modifications I’d be okay with that. Currently have 2” hookers fenderwell on the car but they are bigger than I need and I have snout bars from the cage to front of frame rail so I had to rework some tube for them to fit. I’m debating on making my own 1 7/8” tube headers but would be nice if something was sorta close and just needed modified. I’m okay with fenderwell but would prefer to not be limited on front tire size.

If time were not an issue, I am looking forward to the challenge of making my own headers someday. Flanges, the plastic tube angle things, filling up the tubes with argon and TIGing it.......

BUT, pending on what level you are building this car, they say TTI is the best. I havent tried anyone else.

I have a feeling being a member since 2005 I am not telling you any new info. sorry

If time were not an issue, I am looking forward to the challenge of making my own headers someday. Flanges, the plastic tube angle things, filling up the tubes with argon and TIGing it.......

BUT, pending on what level you are building this car, they say TTI is the best. I havent tried anyone else.

I have a feeling being a member since 2005 I am not telling you any new info. sorry
I have a set of Tti 1 3/4” and used to have a set of 2” tti. They both fit fine but I hated working on the car with the 2” so I sold them. They don’t list a 1 7/8” tube for an a body car.

If you can find a set of Proparts grab them. Very easy to install only two small holes to the inner fender. Tire rub is not a problem.
propartsBOB.jpg

engineleft_zpsu2ncwjja.jpg

-
Back