headers

-

moparjunkie

Reaction score
i was giving a set of w-2 headers for my 340 ?is i dont have w-2 heads i was told i could get an adapter to make them work is this true? and where could won be bought? :drinkers:

W-2 heads can have 2 different bolt patterns on the exhaust, or both! One is actually the same as a regular small block head and the other one has the bolts farther apart.

Some W-2 headers, like TTI, bolt on directly. Most, however, require an adapter plate at least 1/4" thick. Depending on the adapter, it can bolt to either exhaust port pattern. The the actual header flanges can have one of about 2-3 patterns that bolt to the flange!

It would help to know what brand they are and perhaps a photo, pattern and measurements between the flange bolts. You could then get the adapter plates from the header manufacturer, make them from scratch or someone on the forums may have some that fit. I may still have some from when I bracket raced W-2 stuff. I'd have to check around and need more info to see if they might work.

If you do get some, you may have to port the flanges a little to smooth out any overlap that may exist between the OEM heads and the plates.

-
Back