headliner install?

-

AHcuda

Reaction score
'67-'69 Barracuda Fastback, anyone ever install a headliner without removing the front & rear windshields? Can it be done?

can be done but not advisable.....they were designed to be fitted before the screens, you can't get enough tension nor fit properly with the screens in place.....a little tip, once the old liner is out refit the screws before you fit the new liner...it's easier to find the screw heads than digging around to find the screw holes...good luck

Just did mine last weekend (68 fastback windows in). Turned out pretty good. Got 2 small wrinkles on the back corners. When I get the car painted I will have windows out so I will tighten it up then. But overall I am happy. Is it a new headliner?

Never did my own that way but seen it done at upholstery shop. Little tools that look like surgical instruments ( I don't know if they were as a surgeon uses or custom modified for this purpose ) made attaching the fabric to anchors behind the gasket a little easier. No less time consuming though.
The seat anchors in the rear floor will eat you knees. Throw hubcaps, cake pans, something on them. Cover again with an old blanket. Good luck with it.

Take out your front buckets or bench seat. It's much easier.

Not bad for leaving glass in. You can see last pic has a wrinkle in corner. Might work at it still.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-01-13-33-45.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 297
  • Screenshot_2015-08-01-13-33-51.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 304
  • Screenshot_2015-08-01-13-33-53.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 286
yes, it is a new headliner. really hate to pull that rear window though

yes, it is a new headliner. really hate to pull that rear window though

Just remember there will be lots of trimming if it's a new headliner. Atleast there was with mine frome yearone.

-
Back