Headliner Installation

-

73dart_swinger

Reaction score
I'm ready to get my car back on the road but my headliner won't be in for another month. My car originally came with the card board type headliner. I'm getting a replacement from Legendary that is plastic. Is there any reason i wouldn't be able to put the headliner in after I have the windshield installed? I was going to wait and get the headliner in first but now that it is going to take so long, i want to get my car on the road. Any help is appreciated.

I am basically asking if it is possible to install a headliner in a mopar a body with the windshield in?

Im not 100% sure but I think that the front of the hardboard headliners are just held in place with the front windsheild gasket. Atleast thats how it looks on my 73 that came with it. I will check mine when I get home tonight and let you know.

The gasket does overlap the headliner but i dont know how easy it would be to roll it back enough to slip the headliner underneath it. Can you fold your gasket back enough that you think you could ease the front of the headliner in there?

Yup, I can fold it back enough. Everything else is held in by the dome light and all the trim.

Hi, I was wondering if you ever got your headliner in? how was the quality of the plastic headliner? Any problems installing it? thanks for the info.

-
Back