Headliner Issues - 73 Dart

-

EV2AAR

Reaction score
I have a 73 Dart Swinger and am looking to do the headliner with a fabric one.
I purchased a fabric headliner and the one that arrived is listed on the vendors website as fitting a 67 Dart, when I called the vendor they assured me that they are the same but just that the box is numbered differently.
They sent me a 5 bow, when I go to the YO website it says a 4 bow.
Since there isn't one in the car ........can someone tell me what is correct and recommend a site.

Thanks

i had the same problem. u can't use the fabric type headliner with the bows. there are nowhere to install the bows at inside the car. 73-76 only had the cardboard type. u should try find a good cardboard type headliner u can glue the 67-72 dart fabric type headliner to the cardtype headliner.u may have trim the rod pockets or cut them out if u can. if u want that look as 67-72 dart has. u can make the headliner and sail panels a out of thin sheet of wood.

They sell a kit that includes the bows, bow holders and the clips. I picked that up.
Still back to my question about which is right 4 or 5

They sell a kit that includes the bows, bow holders and the clips. I picked that up.
Still back to my question about which is right 4 or 5

I think 5 is correct. The Legendary Auto Interiors web site has a photo of one. According to them, the 67-76 that used a cloth headliner, used the same pattern. To tell the truth, the only cardboard headliners I have seen have been on LL/VL without the deluxe interior.

I think 5 is correct. The Legendary Auto Interiors web site has a photo of one. According to them, the 67-76 that used a cloth headliner, used the same pattern. To tell the truth, the only cardboard headliners I have seen have been on LL/VL without the deluxe interior.
hey bud your wrong 73-76 dart never the cloth type headliner.well a 73 has no bow holes inside the roof at all.if go look at 67-72 dart they the bow holder holes in them for the bows/rods. unless some how put the bows holes yourself in 73 and above. i have a 73 swinger also i know what i'm talking about. u the 67-72 dart had the 5 bows going threw the headliner. the duster had 4 bows

All I know guys is what I have seen. Legendary sells a headliner for the 67-76 Swinger/Scamp.

My 72 Demon is an LL car that originally had a carboard headliner at one point. When I replaced the roof, due to rust, the donor from a 72 Duster with a Deluxe interior was a 5 bow type. By the time I got to it, the remains were some shards of vinyl that sort of matched the color of the rest of the interior.

My 73 Dart is an LH car came without a headliner. I saw holes drilled for a bow headliner with factory paint overspray in them. A hunt produced bows and pockets allowing my upholstery guy to do a bow type headliner.

I'm not trying to steer anyone wrong, just reporting the facts. Sorry not to be more helpful.

FWIW My 73 Dart 4-door has bows/bow holes (currently just swinging in the breeze, but still).

Fender tag decodes L1B5 as "Low" trim, cloth/vinyl bench in medium blue, not sure what the differences are between "Low" and "High" trim.

-
Back