headliner pics

-

Sublime12

'70 383 Swinger
Reaction score
I need some pics of the headliner in a 70 or 71 Swinger. My car goes in for a headliner and i want to make sure i have all the parts (trim pieces or whatever else). Thanks!

Sorry, don't have pix cuz the car is all torn apart, but you will need..........
- the two hair pin like clips that attach to the rear most bow
- rear window trim
- side window trim
- A-piller trim
- 2 coat hooks
- 2 shoulder seat belts
- sun visors
- 2 clips on each side to stow the shoulder belts

Can't think of anything else. Good luck. L8r

Would the window trim ,side window trim be the same from a cardboard headliner to perforated?

I just did my headliner and took lots of photos before and while taking it apart. PM me you email address and I'll send them to you if that will help. Too many to post here. I can also take some photos of the trim pieces you will need now that it's back together. Are you looking for photos to see what you don't have and need or just photos for reference to put a headline in?

I read your post again. You need the bows which are all color coded on the ends for correct position. I kept mine in the correct order and didn't make a note of the colors.

Do you have the rearview mirror and the dome light housing (Wiring is hopefully still in place)? I measured the distance between some of the holes down the sides of the top to make sure I had the correct ones before poking screw holes. Take some photos or I'll send you mine because for instance there's another hole near to the shoulder belt that you wouldn't want to poke by mistake. Also the visors have a key-hole shape hole which makes them easy to locate but having the photo helps remind you what you're feeling for. Also note that visors have R and L on the backside of the mounts. I wasn't paying attention and couldn't get mine to line up with the holes until I looked on the back and saw that. Then it was easy going.

I always use my shoulder straps so I didn't put the stow-away clips back in yet. I'd like to eventually convert to a three point with a retractor and didn't want the clips if I do that.

Something 37 photos coming your way via email. I have to take some of it completed tomorrow.

Thanks for the pictures Rob! The rear view mirror and dome light are still in place in my car. Im going to print out all the photos you sent me for reference. It was a huge help!

Hey rob, I'm doin the same job, could I hit ya up for those pics too?

Seems we are all in the same boat as I'm doing the same thing except I didn't,t take mine apart and have no idea how to put it back together without some visual aid.If four pics were posted here ,one from the front one for each side and one from the rear I think it will help alot more ppl.

When I get back to the computer with the photos I can post the four and see if it helps you. I kept my bows in order in my garage but after looking at my own photos I remember that on the front one (#1) I put a single Sharpy dot on one end. The second one from the front, I put two Sharpy dots and so on. That way if I did mix them up I'd know which went where.

Rob,
There seems to be a lot of interest in this subject. Maybe you should post them up as a good technical reference? Thanks for sharing them. L8r

Rob,
There seems to be a lot of interest in this subject. Maybe you should post them up as a good technical reference? Thanks for sharing them. L8r
Agreed.he should do a headliner install thread and make it a sticky.I got the pics from robj and they are well detailed and really helped me see what I was missing.

Yeah Rob really helped me out. Looks like a need to get the windshield and the rear window removed to install the headliner?

I just took them for my own reference kind of knowing what I might forget over time. My problem is that my work schedule is very fluid and always changing day to day. Sometimes I'll start a project thinking I'll finish it the next day and then I don't get back to it for a couple weeks.

I can clean the photos up a bit and put labels and arrows in the photos to identify bits and pieces for people but they would need to understand that it's not a How-to-install-a-headliner posting. Mostly what the factory install looked like underneath and where the various holes are located once you cover them back up again.

-
Back