headliner question 69 Dart

-

furyus2

Reaction score
Does the headliner get wrapped around the pinchweld around the window openings on a 69 Dart in the front? Rear? don't want to have a leaky windshield. Thanks.

Yes. the headliner in installed before the glass is installed. It does not have to wrap around the pinchweld but it MUST be glued properly.

My upholstery guy wrapped it around the pinchweld, and I just want to make sure the glass will seal properly if I use the glazing and bedding sealer with the gasket. Any thoughts?

If you knew how much glue was used and where, you could trim as much as you can off the outside.

The factory wraps it around...there are sharks teeth like metal triangles that grip and hold the headliner..glued as well.
The window gasket/ seal covers all along with a small amount of butyl sealer in the window gasket groove.

I did my headliner without taking out the glass. I used a piece of soft plastic to stretch it over the barbs. The interior was gutted at the time which makes it easier. All I can say is stop when you get aggravated because you will. One other FYI, when you get the headliner, take it out of the box immediately and spread it out. The less wrinkles you have to deal with the better. Good luck

-
Back