Headliner question

-

Steve Agrella

Reaction score
purchased a plastic vinyl covered headliner from Rock Auto, the fabric glued to the plastic is all wrinkled,
They told me to install it and the wrinkles would all disappear in one to two months....lol
Anyone experience this and do the wrinkles flatten out or should ai return it.

purchased a plastic vinyl covered headliner from Rock Auto, the fabric glued to the plastic is all wrinkled,
They told me to install it and the wrinkles would all disappear in one to two months....lol
Anyone experience this and do the wrinkles flatten out or should ai return it.
Plastic glued vinyl? What car and is it a bow type? I got a nice headliner, fabric backed vinyl? Like original,bow mounted, no wrinkles save a few fold lines off eBay for 60$. pro Kits. Shouldn't be wrinkled before hand though, it will wrinkle enough on the install. Lol!

Plastic glued vinyl? What car and is it a bow type? I got a nice headliner, fabric backed vinyl? Like original,bow mounted, no wrinkles save a few fold lines off eBay for 60$. pro Kits. Shouldn't be wrinkled before hand though, it will wrinkle enough on the install. Lol!

He probably has a 72(3)+ which didn't come with the bow type. They are a one piece of cardboard type.

Steve, if the wrinkles smooth out when you stretch the fabric then yes it should go away since you will stretch the headliner on install. The heat on a sunny days will help do the job. But if the fabric back is wrinkled and not the front it sounds like a manufacturing flaw. I laid mine on the (clean) roof for a few days, smoothed out the shipping wrinkles. I also bought some extra clips off eBay, I could not get all the ripples out with the few the factory used, they know what their doing! How about a pic of the wrinkles?

20170826_201855.jpg

-
Back