Headliner side molding and weather strip channels

-

440+6scamp

Reaction score
I installed an ABS headliner in my '74 Scamp. I'm struggling to mount the trim that runs he full length of the drip rail. The abs seems to add too much thickness for the clip to slide over. Is there a trick to this?

Also, does the stainless weatherstrip channel go in before or after the headliner trim? If anyone has any good pics of these pieces installed I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm really not happy w/ the fit and look of the ABS and I'm now considering pulling it out and installing a fabric/bow type. I like the looks and finish of the fabric style better anyway.

A couple of questions about the fabric liner:
-The roof on my '74 is from a '72 (replaced my roof due to rust). Can I install the bows and fabric liner on a '72 roof?
-The Yearone website has a note on '72's stating that somewhere around '71 to '72 the # of bows was changed. Is this true and how do I know how many bows it takes?
-Are there any boards for the sailpanels or is it just fabric (is it all one piece?)?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Before I give up on the ABS, does anyone have any suggestions for getting the side trim on? The liner is installed and fits good everywhere else. I kind of hate to give up on it simply b/c I can't get the trim on. No one has had this issue w/ the ABS liner?

-
Back