headliner trim

-

sorewrist1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm putting in the A frame molding on a 71 swinger I see it kind of clips in under the the door -window weather strip at the top of the A frame moulding Now, does the metal trim that clips in the headliner also go under that same weather strip molding? It looks like it does,but I can't figure out how to twist it under and clip in those headliner clips and do it without banging the other end of the metal trim all over the rest of the car. Any tricks? Does the weather strip come out first? If so how? and what end of the metal trim goes in first?Didn't take it apart so I havn't a clue. Thanks guys Jim

I'm putting in the A frame molding on a 71 swinger I see it kind of clips in under the the door -window weather strip at the top of the A frame moulding Now, does the metal trim that clips in the headliner also go under that same weather strip molding? It looks like it does,but I can't figure out how to twist it under and clip in those headliner clips and do it without banging the other end of the metal trim all over the rest of the car. Any tricks? Does the weather strip come out first? If so how? and what end of the metal trim goes in first?Didn't take it apart so I havn't a clue. Thanks guys Jim
Pictures?

Get me a phone # and I'll text you a pic later today Havn't quite figured this out yet Thanks for the reply

Get me a phone # and I'll text you a pic later today Havn't quite figured this out yet Thanks for the reply
first off we better start with the basics you've been on the forum for 7 years and your a gold member. what happens when you hit the upload photos button right next to the reply button right under this window that we type in?

first off we better start with the basics you've been on the forum for 7 years and your a gold member. what happens when you hit the upload photos button right next to the reply button right under this window that we type in?
dont have a smart phone

dont have a smart phone
I make the wife do it
Let me see if she can email me pics then I'll get them to you I should know this anyway

Thanks for the reply j par . I figured it out anyway I'm probably the only person in California above the age of 3 that doesn't have a smart phone . I need to learn this Jim

Thanks for the reply j par . I figured it out anyway I'm probably the only person in California above the age of 3 that doesn't have a smart phone . I need to learn this Jim
I would have liked to been some kind of real help I just couldn't visualize what you're talking about. A picture's worth a thousand words and at least on this stupid phone of mine just right under the reply part you can push the button below that and add pictures from the pictures you've taken with your phone..
Well happy Mopar to you anyways...

-
Back