Heads are home

-

Ironmike

Reaction score
Just got my heads back from Hughes today and thought I'd share a few pics. They're kinda crappy(old camera), but not too bad.

Well, I opted for the full CNC deal. Far as they could go before going Bigmouth. Dealt directly with Tim due to some not so good stories I heard. He told me he'd be checking them every step and darn if they don't look really nice.

They really work the exhaust port, which in my opinion, really needs it. Opened up the floor quite a bit and the roof too.

Got some nice Pac springs and Titanium retainers good for up to .700 roller. Real nice 2.08 intakes that appear backcut.

I wanted 68cc chambers and I cc'd 2 of them and they are right on the money. My worksheet says they only had to mill them .009, so I think intake fit will be ok....I think.

I was shocked at the price. I really thought It would be a lot more than it was. Thank goodness for the discount they're running.

Now......gotta get to work on a cam choice......
h1.jpg
h2.jpg
h3.jpg
h4.jpg
h5.jpg

Glad your happy..my builder has a LOT of correcting to do to mine:BangHead::BangHead: don't think I'll be using them again!!

Are there inserts in all the plug holes?

You going to pull a couple of valves so we can see the seats/bowls????

Just 1 insert I put in before I sent them out. plan to pull a couple valves this weekend. the community spring compressor is in use this week. curious to see the valve job myself. Should be good......cross my fingers.

Just 1 insert I put in before I sent them out. plan to pull a couple valves this weekend. the community spring compressor is in use this week. curious to see the valve job myself. Should be good......cross my fingers.

Ok, I just wondered if it was something Hughes did. There nothing wrong with them I've had to install so many of them I don't like to think of it.

Previous owners typical idiotic "tighten up the plugs" syndrome. As you know, that don't play well with aluminum.

-
Back